Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Weekend Projects - August & September

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, Aug 23, 2013.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Who's got what going on for projects now that we're getting to the end of August and Fall will technically begin in just a few weeks.

Traverse Trailer Hitch Project
    Just about ready to do my Traverse trailer hitch package project. I have sourced all of the parts and I'll get it done in one day, I'll be sure to take photos and do a before and after for it as well.

Painting the exterior trim of the house
    Not sure if I want to do this myself, but there's not all that much to paint, so I figure a few hours and maybe $50 in paint will cover it. I guess I'll have to strip off the paint that's flaking off and all that, but it's just exterior wood so that's one of the easiest types of painting to do.

Staining and post-capping my fence
    So I have a big chunk of fence that was replaced, it's time to stain that and put some type of cap up on the other side of the fence so it will all match. Probably going to take a while to do this as there's a lot of wood, might invest in a wagoner power painter or something similar.

Probably have a bunch more stuff, but that's it for now.
  2. ChevyBoy2009

ChevyBoy2009 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Well i got to change the oil in her car this weekend :party:...Then we have a wedding to go to tom. night and then prolly work on some of the outdoor stuff like mow,pick up dog poop and then get ready for hunting season coming up!
  3. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Still working on remodeling a bathroom I started in July.
    I gutted the room to the studs, layed in new insulation on the outer walls, upgraded the electrical service for heat lamps, Jacuzzi tub, and instant hot water for the tub, shower, and two sinks. Plumbed the sinks, bathtub, and a tripple shower head set-up with new copper pipe.
    Put up new greenboard on all the walls except the wet areas, shower, tub backsplash, and sink backsplash got Hardee backer cement board and I moulded a new cement shower pan then lined it with Red Devil poly membrane.
    Layed a new tile floor and Im presently laying tile on every wall floor to ceiling, that should take up most of my weekend since its a vaulted ceiling and theres a lot of cuts to do.
    Next weekend Ill install the jacuzzi tub (still waiting on delivery it was a custom order) and tile it in, then start on a custom tile vanity counter.
    Then it should be down to clean up work like reinstalling shelves and towel hooks.
    Im also still waiting for delivery of a water pressure booster Ill need to install, probably outside, to boost the pressure on the tripple shower heads I installed.
    The booster should solve a lot of water pressure issues I have from being at the very end of the line for county water.
  4. grampy

grampy Member 100 Posts

hummm, close to 100

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, could not finish post for some reason, would not delete, Maybe try again later. Ken
  5. MoBillyAla

MoBillyAla Rockstar 100 Posts

I got to figure out why my tailgate isn't shutting, have lubed and relubed the catches on both sides, noticed the strikers have "grooves" worn into them from the latch not catching correctly and having to slam the tailgate shut.
    Waiting on my moving money to come in got some projects/upgrades on my bike to do..
    and were still somewhat unpacking. Other than that no real projects in the near future...
  6. kinson33

kinson33 Member 1 Year 100 Posts

35" Tires on 17" wheels coming next week, brand new. Struck gold on craigslist!

Brake upgrade: slotted rotors and probably green stuff pads soon.

Steering is getting a little looser than I'd like so I will be doing a front end overhaul soon too: tierods, pitman and idler arms, ball joints. Maybe the cognito support kit as well if the funds are available.

No house projects, we lease right now!
  7. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

My first paracord project: dog collar! I used the survival bracelet pattern and just made it longer. This is about 20" long with the buckles. I used royal blue and day-glo orange.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  8. makeutap

makeutap New Member

Drove home from MI yesterday then wash, compound, polish and wax the truck. Still have to unpack and help clean some stuff up in the house.
  9. makeutap

makeutap New Member

Had leveling keys installed today
  10. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Love that look. My dog is all white so that would really stand out.

- - - Updated - - -

What do you think?