1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Weekend Projects - August & September

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, Aug 23, 2013.

1. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Yeah I just got fed up with it and didn't want to drag you into any rage
  2. McClintoc

McClintoc Active Member Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

This weekend: hunt dove, work on truck, drink beer, hunt dove, work on truck, drink beer, hunt dove, work on truck, drink beer.......
  3. Pikey

Pikey Active Member Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I am working on reclaiming my garage. Over the last 2 years I have slowly transformed it into a man cave. I have insulated and drywalled the entire thing, hung and painted cabinets (black of course to hide dirty finger prints), installed a complete surround sound system with sub and TV, and mounted my neon Chevy clock. Over the years my kids ride on toys like the gator, four wheeler, and tractor have taken too much room. So my wife proposed erecting a "lean to" type en closer on the back of the garage so I can get the crap out. Last week I scored over 150 feet of privacy fence on CL. I put it up, installed a roof, lock and gate, and painted it to match my vinyl siding. Now I just need to find some shingles to make the roof waterproof and I can have my 4 car garage back. So, tomorrow I am looking high and low for some cheap or free shingles.
  4. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

try lowes or home depot, sometimes you can get the tail end of a contracter order for cheap. or call local roofing contractors, they may have some as well.

Alex
  5. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Try Craigslist, I bought 2 pallets of Itallian mfg porcelain tile (only one in every 50 broken or chipped) last month for $75 a pallet, this is normally closer to $1500 a pallet tile. I wont use but maybe 1/2 of one pallet then put the rest back on CL for best price.A quick search of CL for building supplies might surprise you.
  6. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

So just spent 300$ on them replacing knock sensors
  7. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Photos. I need ideas and inspiration, so I'm gonna need some pics.
  8. Pikey

I don't know if you wanted pics of my garage or my shed. So, here is the shed.
    95% of my project was from re purposed materials. So, things did not come out perfectly. I had to buy paint to match the house siding and the felt and drip edge for the roof. Most of the materials were things that I had left over from other projects. I am still working on getting shingles. I had a few guys on CL that were selling them for $10 a bundle, but they never returned phone calls or they want to sell all 7 square at one time rather than one square. I used left over felt from the roof to put on the upper portion of the interior walls. I did this to prevent a driving rain from entering during a storm. I have about $160 total into the project now.

IMG_1432.jpg IMG_1434.jpg IMG_1435.jpg
  9. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Great job on that shed! I just spent $500 on a resin shed and yours would have been a better solution.

Show your garage mancave as well. In fact, I think we used to have a "show your garage" thread on here that I might try to breathe some life back into....
  10. Pikey

We looked into doing it with pvc fence panels. Just the panels would have cost over $300, that was without a roof or gate. I will try to get some pics of the garage soon. I have a few more of the kids things that I need to get out (like the big A$$ trampoline hanging on my wall)