1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Weekend Projects - August & September

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, Aug 23, 2013.

1. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Pikey, that lean-to looks great, especially for re-purposed materials.

This weekend is a big one for me, as I am moving to Richmond, VA. Having doing nothing but packing last weekend and getting my Silverado ready for the trip. Took the big heavy rims off and put small little stockers back on. But my caravan leaves on Sunday.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2013
  2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Good luck with yor move and in Richmond.
    As much as I liked living near the ocean while I was in Virginia, there were many things about the state of Virginia I hated, good luck.
  3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Good luck with your move. I've only made major moves a few times in my adult life, it's an experience to say the least.
  4. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Thanks guys, I am finding out I have more stuff than I thought. I am not familiar with VA, but I visited Richmond/Glen Allen to look for living arrangements so it seems like a nice location. But I'll have a week off work to move and settle in.

TB, I am interested to know, what were things that you didn't care for up there?
  5. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Mostly the fact that the state and each city have a tax for almost everything you own, in addition to state vehicle license they have a city vehicle sticket/tax. My non-motorized canoe had to have both state and city tax stamps to be paddled around. No operating vehicles in my garage, that were licensed in another state were required to have city/state tax stamps to be parked in my garage. When I first moved to Va. In the mid 90's they had a property tax on household goods, I was expected to pay a percentage tax on household goods. When I transfered overseas I stored some goods in a storage facility and was expected to pay the same tax while they were stored and I was serving overseas. I attempted to fight and had most of the tax waived due to federal laws making it illegal to tax non resident military members, unfortunately my wife wasnt considered non resident military and was forced to pay tax on anything in her name or that reciepts showed she bought. The tax was not a onetime issue, it was a recurring annual and was in addition to state wage tax.
    Non military residents get screwed by the tax assessor in a Common Wealth State.
    I still own a home in Va. Bch. I havent sold it yet mostly because I refuse to share the profits with that states govt. Now that Im retired I cant waive the tax as a military member. Best case scenario is the house burns down or wash's away and I wont be forced to pay them 48% tax not on the profit but the whole sale proceeds. Insurance claim would fall under different rules as long as the proceeds were used to buy or upgrade another home.
  6. makeutap

makeutap New Member

Interior and exterior detail today. 5 hours ugh
  7. jsmith4816

jsmith4816 Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Too many to list lol...

1. would like to get the truck running 100%. Have a small oil leal and smell gas from when I replace the fuel pump or I might just be paranoid.
    2. get bike running for one last trip to the track before winter. Shimmed valves back in April and she ran fine, but would start when I got to the track.
    3. Try to plant grass seed for next spring. I hate my dirt yard, but my dogs love it.
  8. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Yesterday, I bought somes new inner tubes, a new seat and same chain grease. This weekend I am going to refurbish my bicycle and get to riding it again. It's a 26" 21-speed that is around 10 years old. Just needs a little bit of work and should be good to go.
  9. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I got about half of my list done this far.