Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Weekend Projects for 2014 Anyone?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, Apr 25, 2014.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I'm getting around to doing some of my plumbing projects tonight/tomorrow AM. Otherwise we are watching some kids for friends and then have a kid's birthday party tomorrow afternoon. Good times!

Any other weekend projects going on?

2. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

No major projects but several small ones: swap out my fog lamps, clean out the kitchen sink pipes and give my dog a bath.

3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Temp fixed the leak in the shower. Just put a valve in at the shower head.

4. squatchy

squatchy Active Member 100 Posts

painted my tips because winter made them look like crap (and maybe because I don't really like chrome/polished stainless) put new z71 decals on. Putting a storm door on the house in the am, once that is done theres a whole lot of spring cleaning to be done in the sheds...stuff sure does accumulate quick.

5. ChevyFan

So I hurt my upper back (near the shoulder blade, I pull a muscle here every few years) ... on Saturday ... but I made a pretty huge list of things that need to be done around the house and only got to some of it because of back pain ...

Here is what I got done, even with the bad back.

• Replaced the burned out light bulbs in the microwave and fridge door
    • Cleaned out the H2O filter in the fridge for water and ice maker
    • Moved a bookcase from the living room (where it didn't fit) to our bedroom where it's going to serve as overflow for blankets, towels, etc.
    • Spackled all of the holes and dents in the drywall that I could find around the house
      • I will touch-up paint these holes this Friday ... going to paint the house one room at a time starting this month.
    • Applied wood putty & filler to an interior 6-panel door with a broken panel
    • Priced out french doors and materials to frame-in an opening to our very-small formal dining room.
      • This should be interesting. We need more space and never use the dining room, so we're thinking about turning it into an office.
      • That will include framing in the opening and installing french doors for the main opening ...
      • The I'm thinking of making a sliding barn door style of door between this space and the kitchen.
      • That will still allow it to be used as a dining room (like when we sell the house) ... or an office/den with french doors.
    • Serviced and cleaned the vacuum cleaner (the new Shark Navigator is NOT as good as the old one ... it clogs all the time)
    • Went to hardware store and got 1x4 pine boards.
    • Cut those boards into about 15 new slats for a twin bunk-bed that didn't have good slats to begin with.
    • Made a few slats for full-size bed, just to give it extra support.

So it turned out to be a day in which I got a lot of small projects done around the house. Maybe it's the fact that I lost my dad earlier this year and looking back on how he raised me, not to be lazy and always to be a hard worker ... I just decided that I want to work harder at being a hard worker.

6. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

You've been busy!

7. ChevyFan

Just trying to not be lazy. Lol

8. ChevyFan

We're looking for a house with a 3 car garage and workshop so I can have a place to work on a project vehicle too.

9. ChevyFan

Ended up adding a 3 piece cap to my gate today and stained it. Big improvement.

- - - Updated - - -

20140719_220356.jpg

Here's a pic. ... and another ...

20140719_220415.jpg

20140719_220404.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't clean the wood enough. But that was putting stain on a 9 month old gate and a 12 year old gate so it's a good as I could get it ... I might try a darker stain on top but overall it doesn't look bad.

10. ChevyFan

Figured I would post again to this page. I'm just going to get around to fixing my leaking cartridges in my shower and bathtub tonight.

Looked at my water shut off valve at the street, I was NOT able to turn that with pump pliers, I guess I'm going to have to buy a water bar.