Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Weekend quick mods. Tint, Bowties, wheel wells, air dam!

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Bamafan, Dec 2, 2013.

1. Bamafan

Bamafan Member

Finally got a chance to work on my truck a little bit this weekend. Got the windows tinted. I took the air dam off the front. Blacked out the rear wheel wells. I was going to get some paint for the bowties, but the parts store had this pretty cool black carbon fiber vinyl covering for only a few bucks. I need to redo the front bowtie because I rushed it and its not perfect. But overall, I think it looks good for now, and I can always rip off the vinyl and paint them. What do you guys think!?!

Attached Files:

2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

looks good! I also did the vinyl on my gmc logos. Like you I figured that if I did not like it I could just peel it off.

3. RAV52202

RAV52202 Member 100 Posts

I like the looks of the carbon fiber emblem. It looks really good.

4. Bamafan

Bamafan Member

Thanks for the compliment guys. I just ordered my billet grill since it was on sale today. Im hoping I can get a level kit installed as a christmas present!

5. summitwhite11

summitwhite11 Member 1 Year 100 Posts

Excellebt job there on the weekender mods buddy, its looking sharp. I do like the white on black,

6. buckmeister2

buckmeister2 Member 1 Year 100 Posts

Where did you get the vinyl bowtie decals, and from where are you ordering your billet grille (insert, I assume)? your mods look great!

7. clgoch187

clgoch187 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

For vinyl, the eblems pretty nice. Was it 3m dinoc?

8. stchman

stchman Active Member 1 Year 1000 Posts

To [MENTION=38852]Bamafan[/MENTION]:

Nice job, but what do you mean "blacked out" rear wheel wells? Did you simply paint them, if yes I doubt the paint will last. If you used a rhino lining material on the wheel wells, that will last.

Rugged makes an ABS plastic insert for Silverado wheel wells. They certainly add to the look/durability. My 2013 Silverado came with the factory GM ones which I'm sure I paid more for them than I had to.

The part number for your truck WWC07.

They have them at Amazon for $92.55 shipped.

http://www.amazon.com/Rugged-Liner-...6496&sr=8-2&keywords=rugged wheel well liners

9. Bamafan

Bamafan Member

The vinyl was from autozone. It is actually a 6" x 72" roll. I just cut a section off, long enough to cover the bowtie. Removed the backing, applied it, squeezed out the bubbles, then trimed around the edge with a bow cutter, and finally hit it with a hair dryer. The grille insert is from some company off of ebay.

- - - Updated - - -

I did just paint the wheel wells. I didnt use the rhino liner stuff, but I did use a black rubberized underbody paint made by rustoleom. I hope it last for a while, but I don't mind respraying them every now and again. My dad told me about that stuff. He has had his truck for about 15 years now and only had to touch his up a handful of times.

- - - Updated - - -

It is a cheaper knock off version of the 3m Di-Noc. Looks and works almost the same, just a cheaper version.