Weight Distribution Hitch and Tow mirrors

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Jaele, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Jaele

Jaele Rockstar 100 Posts

Evening. My wife and I are in the market for a new travel trailer and I was curious if anyone has the hook ups for a Weight Distribution hitch and some tow mirrors. The TW of the trailer is less then 600lbs GTW is about 4300 dry. I own a 2011 1500 Silverado and was looking for tow mirrors with the blinkers/power/heater. New or used with work for me as long as its in working condition and it is safe.

Thanks

2. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

3. MTM

MTM Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

^^^^^^^Good website mirrors are very cheap there

4. dtzackus

dtzackus New Member

I use and always heard good thing about the Equai-i-zer brand hitch. It gives your 4 point sway control, plus I like the look of the bars instead of the chains other manufactors use. I would opt for the 1000/10,000 unit, the smaller 600/6,000 is at your max, plus if you are like most of us RVers you'll be upgrading soon. lol

We had a smaller HTT unit and I went with the 600/6000 unit, 4 years later I bought the 1000/10,000 unit.

Also, I liked the prodigy brake control, I used the p2 unit, my 2500HD has it built in.

My truck had the plain jane mirrors, I upgraded to the tow mirrors, I cannot remember what brand they where, but the difference is night and day, plus they extended to really help with the blind spots.

Good luck!! Dan

5. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

You ain't lyin! Might order a new set of black ones.

6. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

i might have to pick up a set of those for my truck. i think tow mirrors would look real good on it. not sure how I feel about the chrome on the factory mirrors anyhow.

Alex