1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Weight Loss Discussion

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by McClintoc, Feb 12, 2014.

1. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

[MENTION=49195]sierra11[/MENTION] I'm using MyFitnessPal. It is quite handy. I am only using on-line, not the phone app. Also, I am not cutting carbs. I hear too many people doing the no-carb diet then they gain all their weight back once they start eating carbs again. That is just silly. All I am really looking at is total calorie intake/usage each day and reducing how much sugar I take in; I'm watching my protein a little as well. Seems to be working so far. :)

2. 66 chevyman

66 chevyman Member 100 Posts

Just push yer truck around the yard. That'll burn calories faster then an eye wink. lol

3. McClintoc

Maybe if I had a few acres of land but I live in an apartment. I don't think the front office would appreciate my truck in their grass. :p

4. Flyinfool

Flyinfool New Member

A little trick that I have tried.
    I lost 20 lbs over a year span by just turning down the thermostats by 5 degrees both summer and winter. I still dress the same, eat the same and exercise the same as before. But the cooler temp forces your body to burn calories to maintain body temperature. It only feels cold for the first week as your metabolisim ramps up, then you notice no difference.
    What has really messed me up is a broken leg in a Wisconsin winter, the dog and I are both gaining weight fast right now.......

5. McClintoc

6. ridick_bowen

ridick_bowen Rockstar 100 Posts

Don't get lazy on us. Just establish a 30 min workout routine and you're set.

7. 95_5spd

95_5spd Active Member 1 Year 100 Posts

I need to gain all this weight you guys are losing! lol I eat like a fat a** and still gain nothing haha

8. McClintoc

I have a 1.5-hour routine set. I walk my dog for 45 minutes then do some more cardio, like stationary bike, for another 45 minutes and I'm only eating about 1800 calories a day.

I weighed again this morning and am still at 236 like I was a week ago. But, I can admit, I didn't do all my workouts this week. I just walked my dog every day and didn't do any of the extra cardio. Kind of a lazy week...

9. McClintoc

Ugh, 236 again this morning. That's two straight weeks of no loss, at all. :grrrrrr:

10. drucker290

drucker290 New Member

Try to drink Black Coffee every early in the morning..you'll get a good result ASAP.