1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Weight Loss Discussion

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by McClintoc, Feb 12, 2014.

1. ridick_bowen

ridick_bowen Rockstar 100 Posts

Try taking some mass protein. Carb loaded diet.

Try staying off the scale for a week. A lot of the times they just discourage people from pushing because the fluctuate so often.

Are you feeling healthier?
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I jumped on the myfitnespal android app and have charted everything for the past 10 days. I'm down 14 lbs in 10 days and I'm eating close to what its telling me to.
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
  3. ChevyFan

If you're walking alot you're probably gaining muscle.
  4. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Honestly, I'm not sure I feel healthier. The good news is, I know the scale fluctuates and I am not getting discouraged this time around. I'm still keeping it at. I know it's a very long-term thing.

@Steve It could be muscle gain. I have been lifting weights every other day and I think my arms are getting bigger. That is a very real possibility.
  5. ChevyFan

My wife does this. She'll start working out and gaining muscle in her legs and won't see the weight loss on the scale ... But she's healthier.
  6. jsmith4816

jsmith4816 Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Could be water weight. Have you tried changing your workout routine? Either way, congrats on a healthier lifestyle!
  7. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

I need to get my large self back down to what they navy says is "standard". Currently at 182 last time I stepped on the scale. I might go back to manual labor at work to lose the weight. Like cutting and chopping firewood.

I know now that during cruise I dropped to 155, with a uniform on. That was from working on the flight deck and only managing to shovel down a bit of food and endless amounts of water. So for me it was barely eating and drinking buttloads of water, cold water, with crushed ice in a camelbak.
  8. ChevyFan

I was about to log in and say the same thing! One of the things that I did in the last week, was eating a lot of soup. And some of the soup that I was eating was very high in sodium, very high in sodium. I stalled on the scale for like 2 days, once I got off of the high sodium stuff I lost a bunch of water weight over the next two days.
  9. ridick_bowen

ridick_bowen Rockstar 100 Posts

That's great news. Glad to hear you're still trucking on. FYI, I've been going to the gym for the past 12 years 1-3x/week. I'm not all crazy meat head. I just go to stay healthy and it shows when compared to my friends that don't go to the gym. Plus, my stunt riding requires some muscle.

Look into doing the "Turkish get up" exercise movement. It's a great overall workout that doesn't require a lot of weight or tools. It's pretty safe and everyone can do it. It may seem easy at first but when you get to higher reps, the cardio demand kicks you in the butt. Good luck!!!!
  10. ChevyFan

The MyFitnessPal app is really great isn't it? I've been using it every single day to track my calories and since it plugs into the MapMyWalk app, it's just a click of a button to push the data into my daily journal and I love that it figures everything out for me according to my diet and all that.