1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Weight Loss Discussion

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by McClintoc, Feb 12, 2014.

1. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I've been off the horse the past couple of weeks - way off my diet and no working out. I'm back up to 240. I'll be out of town this weekend but I am going to recommit on Monday and get back into my routine.
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Something similar for me as well, I dropped 15 lbs, but have gained back a few of those once again. It's easy to do, that's for sure.
  3. McClintoc

So, I keep reading in articles how sitting all day is bad for us and it dawned on me: I am probably not losing any weight because, sure enough, I sit all day at work then come home and sit and watch TV or play video games. The latest article I read tied sitting all day with a slow metabolism. I've been off the horse for about three weeks now and creeped back up above 240. :(

This weekend I am going down to Houston to help my mom move some things but on Monday I am going to start over and reapply myself. I am going to get back on my diet and I will get back to walking every day along with lifting weights every other day. One major change I will do is to stand up and move around every hour while at work and if I come home and watch TV or play games after walking, I'll stand up during commercials or when a new level loads, that kind of thing. I am also going to deliberately and calculatingly measure my portions. Hopefully this restart will get me back on track.
  4. jsmith4816

jsmith4816 Member 2 Years 100 Posts

I used to work in an "office" too. I worked security and the only moving I would do all day is when I did my round each shift. I would do pushups and jumping jacks or body weight squats. It helped me feel better about sitting all day. If you sit at a computer, get one of these http://www.target.com/p/gaiam-black...sku=10611806&gclid=CMHrma_Psb4CFaY-MgodfFMAaA. It may be used as a workplace tax write off if your doctor says you need to start living healthier. You can do it man!
  5. ChevyFan

Updates? I lost 20 and stayed there. Need to lose another 20.
  6. McClintoc

I crapped out and have gained most of it back. However, just yesterday, I talked with a co-worker of mine about working out together. He wants to lose weight. I want to lose weight. He and I are the same age, same height/weight and have the same work schedule so I think we'll make good workout partners. And with a partner, you can keep each other motivated so we'll see how it goes this time around.
  7. ChevyFan

Well, I lied, I lost 20 and have yo-yo'd for the new baseline weight up/down about 10 lbs, but as of this morning I was 3 lbs over my new baseline weight. However, with the ease of QuikTrip with their hot dogs on demand ... and now they sell fresh pizza by the slice and there is one about 1/4 mile from my house ... sigh.
  8. McClintoc

LOL, yeah, self-control and eating too much are my biggest problems.