Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Weird Climate Control Problem

Discussion in 'GM Electrical Tech' started by stephenjohler, Sep 25, 2012.

1. stephenjohler

stephenjohler New Member

Okay so i got a 94 silverado. Ac and heat on the climate control. None of the buttons work at all. No display no nothing. But when i hit the parking lights on, i get illumination behind the actual buttons not the display. What the hell? Has anyone else had this problem?

2. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Well, the lights your seeing are only the same as the dash lights, they come on with the head lights, just like the radio.

You may have a blown fuse (look for those labeled HVAC), a loose connector at the back of the display unit, or a bad display unit. Check in the order I presented.

3. stephenjohler

stephenjohler New Member

Already did. I tore the whole truck apart and i cant figure it out. Checked all the fuses and relays. Don't know where to go from here. I put a test light on all the pins to the unit and its got power. I think i just need a good wiring diagram. I went to the junk yard and got a unit, same thing happens when i plug it in. But who knows if that was a good one.