1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Weird Idling? Anyone else have this?

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by slimcubby, Oct 15, 2010.

1. slimcubby

slimcubby Member

Hey guys,

I noticed today when I stop at stop lights sometimes the truck has a grumble and the rpm's change slightly. It almost feels like a the truck shakes when it happens? Is this normal?? I only have 1k miles on it. :(
  2. rgaff

rgaff Member

No Not Normal, This is too broad of question There are many,many reasons for your problem
    Much more information needed. New vehicle ? Rebuilt engine? I think if you provide as much info.as you can, someone here will help you out
  3. Metaluzc

Metaluzc Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

Try cleaning the MAF sensor and throttle body with some CRC Cleaner before you do anything expensive. My truck had 80K miles when it happened to me but my truck would idle rough and actually shut off as I was slowing down to make a turn or come to a stop sign, I cleaned both the MAF sensor and throttle body and the problem was fixed.
  4. phoebeisis

phoebeisis Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Do you have one of the motors with cylinder shutdown?
    I wonder if it goes from 8 cyl to 4 cyl at stops.
  5. Z-71

Z-71 Rockstar 100 Posts

My 03 does this too...I'm guessing your truck is new.As far as I can tell it is normal.Some people might not notice it but I am picky.
  6. kwconch021

kwconch021 Rockstar

my 06 did this when i had it ghetto rigged...
    i drilled a 3 inch hole into the stock muffler mainly for sound bc thats about all it would do...

had this **** happen, scared the piss outta me, got flowmasters a few weeks later and she breathes correctly. check exhaust, intake etc... good luck
  7. BiG Chris

BiG Chris Member

my 00 silverado does it as well
  8. 2010_Sierra

2010_Sierra New Member

I have noticed the same kind of occurrence on my new 2010 Sierra with 6.2L. I just rolled 3,000 miles on it. I also noticed this kind of thing on my previous truck, a 2002 Silverado with 5.3L. From the day I got it with 5,600 miles to the day I traded her in with 130,000 miles, it would do this off and on. Never had any mechanical issues from it. I routinely replaced the fuel filter and air filter.
  9. ntbush83

ntbush83 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

X2! I had the exact same problem. Took it into the shop because it was bothering me and they cleaned the MAF and throttle body and it ran like new. Give it a try!
  10. thoffman2000

thoffman2000 New Member

Same here...2010 Sierra Crew Cab with 6.2L, approx 5500 miles. Feels like a rough idle, but not enough in my case to make the tach needle move.