Weird Noise coming from somewhere

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Skyking1957, Mar 20, 2017 at 2:40 PM.

1. Skyking1957

Skyking1957 New Member

I have been hearing a weird noise coming from the dash area. I took it to the dealer and they could not hear it. It is not very loud. If I turn on the air or radio it drowns it out. Once I reach 5 miles and hour the road noise drowns it out. It has been going on for about a month and it does not seem to be getting worse. I planning a 2000 mile trip soon and I want to make sure this nothing serious. I have a video file that I will try to upload here and I plan on visiting the dealership tomorrow. Any suggestions? Fire away. I made a youtube video and you can hear it better about 10 seconds in.

2. RayVoy

RayVoy Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Well, it appears to have a 4 speed transmission.

xPosTech likes this.
  3. Skyking1957

Skyking1957 New Member

4 Speed Automatic

4. RayVoy

Yep, but you missed my point.........that's all I know about your vehicle.

5. Skyking1957

Skyking1957 New Member

6. RayVoy

Ok Andy, one last try, your not getting any responses because we do not know what kind of a vehicle your driving.

7. Skyking1957

Skyking1957 New Member

I own a 2007 Silverado 1500 Reg Cab Classic with a V6

8. kennythewelder

kennythewelder Rockstar 2 Years 1000 Posts

IMO it sounds like it could be the blower fan for the AC-heater, but it is hard to tell for sure with out being there to hear it for myself. May be a bearing going bad on the fan, but like I said, it is hard to say for sure from a video.

POLCAT1996 likes this.
  9. POLCAT1996

POLCAT1996 New Member

I agree with Kennythewelder... that was my first guess although its hard to know for sure with not being there in person. Just a random question... has anything fallen into the vents? My wifes car did something similar years ago and come to find out after I took the dash apart it was some nuts or something that got into the vents and was bouncing around a small area. This went on for years until my wife talked me into pulling the dash out. LOL.

kennythewelder likes this.
  10. csoldfield

csoldfield New Member

Sounds like a CD spinning up, mis-read, then spins down.... CD player empty by chance?

My '94 K1500 has a *horrible* blower fan motor squeal - sounds like a cricket trapped in there. Quietens down if you kick the motor housing, then chirps back up after cornering.