1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Weird question about my mirrors

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by ncoons22, Nov 17, 2008.

1. ncoons22

ncoons22 New Member

Alright hopefully y'all can help me out with this one. I have a '95 GMC Sierra Z71 std cab short box, and I'm pretty much redoin the whole truck at this point. The plan is to make it a sick DD with crazy offroad capabilities and also excellent for gitin stuff done, yet make it believeable that it could have come that way from the factory. Basically, right now I have the body removed from the frame, which has been completely blasted and coated with POR-15, and an SAS is is underway with a DANA 60 front (leafsprung) and 14 Bolt FF rear, with disc brakes all around, and about 6" total lift front and rear with no body lift. I also have built a killer 383 stroker with TPI (not TBI) for it, and have installed an '87 Muncie SM465 4 speed manual trans. As for the body, It is being fully cleaned and reworked, and I will be applying GM Arrival Blue Metallic paint. It will recieve and abundance of other trick off road accessories as well (custom roll bar & brush guard, cowl hood, 35" baja claws, and alot of diamond plate and lights!) When this is done, basically mechanically and as well as suspension wise it will be somewhere between a 3/4 and 1 ton, so fittingly I have decided to badge it as a 2500HD Z71.

This brings me to my question. I think that a killer set of towing mirrors would fit this build perfectly, and I dont just want those FUGLY bolt ons or the slip over ones, this all has to look very clean. I have my eyes on the '07ish style GM factory mirrors for the Silverado Classic HDs, manual extending power ones with heat and signals and all that good stuff (see pic below). But before I drop $350 on a set, I want to know if anyone knows if this is possible to make them fit one my truck without being a jimmy rigged POS or better yet if anyone has done it yet. So there ya go. Please help!

[​IMG]
    Silverado Parts
  2. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

3. Thundare

Thundare Rockstar 100 Posts

Well, The 95 and the 07 model mirrors are a huge difference in look and the way they bolt on, you either have to make a custom Bolt on the mirrors so they fit in the old truck or, Hurt you truck and drill some new holes.

Make a blot on the new Mirrors isent as hard as it sounds.

Let me know how it goes :)
  4. ncoons22

ncoons22 New Member

Thanks for the input. I have an extra set of old doors in back maybe ill try to mount the mirrors on them first and see how it goes. based on the inout from y'all and from fullsizechevy.com forums it sounds like it could be made to work so im gointo buy the mirrors right now and then after deer season i'll be gettin back to work on the truck. ill let y'all know how it goes.
  5. CoolBlueSS

CoolBlueSS Rockstar

6. retired

retired Rockstar 100 Posts

All that work and we don't see one picture.
  7. ncoons22

ncoons22 New Member

good things come to those who wait. you will see her when shes done.:lock:
  8. retired

retired Rockstar 100 Posts

Bur we want to se the fruits of your labor now.