Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Weird question! Looking for ideas to keep floor mats from moving around.

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by bigjames19, May 15, 2012.

1. bigjames19

bigjames19 New Member

Hey everyone I have a weird maybe (dumb) question. I have the all vinyl floor in my Sierra, and the mats keep moving around every time I or my wife get in the truck. I took them out to try it, and anytime you get in the truck with wet feet it is really slippery. I don't want to screw them in or something like that, I was wondering if anyone has had this problem. I was thinking maybe 3m double sided tape? Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.
    Thanks, Jim

2. giorge

giorge Rockstar 100 Posts

You can get the Velcro and attach one side to the floor and one side to the mats, works great!

3. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

I had the same issue in an S10 I had. I went to a store like dollar general and bought cheap rugs and placed them under the mats. They still slid around a bit but it kept the truck looking cleaner.

4. bigjames19

bigjames19 New Member

Thanks for the suggestions, I am going to try the velcro 1st.

5. moogvo

moogvo Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

You can put a piece of tool box drawer liner under them. They sell it in the kitchen section as shelf liner... Only it's grey instead of black. We use it to keep bath mats from slipping and to keep the table cloth on straight. It's cheap, non adhesive and works great. The problem with tape and Velcro is when it gets hot outside, the adhesive melts and it makes a mess on the floor that attracts dust, dirt, hair and other nasties and glues them to the floor.