1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Weird Vibration

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Dinner, Aug 27, 2011.

1. Dinner

Dinner New Member

So for the last few months my truck has a bad vibration that comes and goes when cruising around 95-100 km/h so I've finally have had to the time to look at it and see whats going on and fix it.

I've had the wheels re-balanced and rotated twice, both U-joints replaced and got the driveshaft removed and re-balanced as well. and still no luck!

I don't know what else it could be, so any help would be awesome!

Thanks, Kyle
  2. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts

Have you looked at the front wheel bearings? Also what tranny and motor do you have? and how about the rear differential??
  3. Dinner

Dinner New Member

Could it still be a front wheel bearing if I don't have any vibration in the steering wheel?

I have a 4.8 and 5 speed manual with the stock 3.42 rear end.

Could it be a bent axle by any chance? I replaced both axle seals about a year ago and the bearings looked fine but maybe I should look into that...
  4. murdog94

Unless you have been jumping the truck then bent axle i doubt, but possibly a fired bearing in the rear axle. Also a wheel bearing wont always cause a vibration in the steering wheel. or you may also have a synco or bearing going out in the tranny as well.
  5. Dinner

Dinner New Member

Alright thanks a lot! I'll let ya know what I find
  6. murdog94

Sorry i cant be more help on that. Sadly it is hard to tell with out actually hearing/feeling alot of the time!
  7. Uncle Ed

Uncle Ed New Member

You better come back and tell what you find! I have a vibe at 70-75 MPH that comes and goes. Could be a tire out of round (but still in balance). I THINK mines an axle issue from an accident but I don't know how to check for it. The wheels don't appear to wobble.