1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Welded seat frames

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by COdix699, Oct 14, 2013.

1. COdix699

COdix699 New Member

so, I climbed up in the old girl today and heard a pop. drove around a bit on the farm and got out. just bought this truck a few weeks ago and lo and behold, some douche canoe WELDED the seat frame. the part that fits around the actuator that raises the seat. ill throw up some pics in a bit, but any body know if im looking at a new seat or just a frame?

- - - Updated - - -

[​IMG]

2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

What are you driving? How about a pic?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

3. j cat

j cat Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

scrap yard for frame parts.

4. COdix699

COdix699 New Member

Thanks jcat. Maybe I can score a frame cheap.

- - - Updated - - -

Picture was up the other day, don't know where it went...ill try again.

- - - Updated - - -

[​IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

well apparently my computer wont upload the pictures. every time I click the picture frame in the reply box, the window for uploads opens up, but either my computer wont upload, or dosent even give me the option of browsing my computer for an upload file. without pics this is kinda useless.

5. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I would do what [MENTION=39185]j cat[/MENTION] said, check a junk yard. Sometimes they will give you the entire seat for the price of the frame. They might figure that no one will buy the seat without the frame. I guess it depends on who is working that day

6. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

You're not uploading the image to the site/thread. You're trying to attach a bad url and pass it off as a valid image.

7. j cat

j cat Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

get some cushion material so when you install your cushions on the frame the seat will have more fluff...I do this on all my vehicles ..