1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Well, here it is in all its glory...

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by blackburb, Jun 1, 2013.

1. blackburb

blackburb Rockstar 100 Posts

Cosmetically as done as it's gonna get unless I find a rear spoiler or front valance I like. Workin on the sound system now.

Before:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Looking good....Nice Burb!
  3. Quikfire

Quikfire Member

Sweet 496 SS - 4X4!
  4. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

nice looking truck. What did you use on the grey plastics and running boards to make them black again?
  5. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Not a fan of blacked out headlights nor Alteza taillights but looks good otherwise.
  6. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Very Sweet.. Enjoy the ride...
  7. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

It's definitely a beast, but I think you need a black bug shield and no 4x4 stick, both look out of place IMO
  8. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Looks good, nice and shiny! :)
  9. blackburb

blackburb Rockstar 100 Posts

That would be Meguiars Tire Gel

Different strokes - if we all liked all the same things, what fun would that be.

I like shiny things :star: It doesn't show well in pics, but the bug shield is color changing and the 4x4 is prismatic. It explodes with colors in the sunlight. The 4x4 is an old fashioned sticker, not like the good die-cut vinyl. It's already peeling at the corners after 2 weeks and I did the same wax striping/cleaning prep I always do. So they might not be on for long. I tried to find the color changing vent visors (which I know they made) but couldn't find any to fit the burb. The bug shield is also the same as the one I had on the 94 that looked better with the gold-ish lower part. Also, I'm still considering some wildly colorful truck-rear-window graphics for the big side windows. Then the bug shield and 4x4 won't look out of place:lol:

$(KGrHqN,!lUE5YwfVttkBOZ+5VY,JQ~~60_58.JPG

Thanks for all the comments - I'm definitely enjoying it so far!
  10. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Is it slippery? I use turtle wax extreme shield wax on all my black parts. It is not slippery and lasts at least a month