1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Went to the White House!

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by adampaul1964, Dec 16, 2011.

1. sgtsjj

sgtsjj Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

very cool man sounds like you had a blast!!!! the pics and videos are awesome. tho i do have to agree with surrealone in that maybe on less tree or something could have saved some money some where along the way.
  2. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

Very lucky as in im jealous. I was there when I was 13 and got to see it, through gates hahaha. When my father was in High School (in the 50's), he was able to see Eisenhower during their visit. Shows how times have changed right?
  3. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

What a great opportunity!!! Something that most common folks will never see in their lifetime other than photos. You should deservingly feel proud to be able to experience this. Congrats goes out to you Adam!!!
  4. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Agreed 150%. Do as I say not as I do mentality. Obutthead just confirms he is a jack ass.
  5. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

This wasn't really an endorsement or condemnation of the President or his politics, it was just me wanting to share a once in a lifetime experience that my family and I were lucky enough to see. I didn't it want to be a post to bring out the Obama bashers, (personally I don't like what he's doing either, but that wasn't what this post was about), it was to share a part of American heritage and tradition, which I believe is important even in these difficult times.
  6. Coach24

My apologies. Guilty as charged. I let my emotions type away. I think it really was your good fortune to be able to take a tour of an historical nature.
    When I see waste of tax payer money I tend to blow up. Especially when it is so blatant.
    Please accept my apology for exposing just the negative.
    Merry Christmas and enjoy boxing day with some trifle.
    ( My first wife was from Southend on Sea.
  7. adampaul1964

No harm done, thanks for the Christmas wishes. Nice of you to recognize Boxing day, and I will be having trifle at Christmas. We had it at Thanksgiving too!
  8. Coach24

Ok I am officially jealous. My ex made great trifle and I do miss that.
    She also made great steak and kidney pie. Yup I miss that as well.
    Boxing day? I put on my old boxing gloves and it wasn't that funny to her family but I thought it was good ole fun.
    I hear the Canucks also have boxing day.

---------- Post added at 10:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 PM ----------

Ok I am officially jealous. My ex made great trifle and I do miss that.
    She also made great steak and kidney pie. Yup I miss that as well.
    Boxing day? I put on my old boxing gloves and it wasn't that funny to her family but I thought it was good ole fun.
    I hear the Canucks also have boxing day.
  9. adampaul1964

Canada still has the Queen on their money so yes, they have Boxing Day too.