1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

We're Americans. We don't have accents!

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by McClintoc, Oct 16, 2013.

1. McClintoc

McClintoc Active Member Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Or do we??? I found this little quiz today and thought it was fun. Turns out, I don't have an accent. Which is odd since I have lived in TX my whole life.

What American accent do you have?

Your Result: The Midland

"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.

Result Breakdown:

95% The Midland
    73% The South
    69% The West
    56% The Inland North
    47% Philadelphia
    39% The Northeast
    31% Boston
    29% North Central
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Similar for me. I don't agree with any of the answers for question #8 though.

Merry, Mary and marry. Merry to me is one sound and Mary and marry sound different.
  3. sierra11

sierra11 Rockstar 100 Posts

Hmm not sure how correct this is cause it says I'm midland even though I'm from Alabama and people can tell anywhere I go with my southern accent.
  4. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

got me right, great lakes region.

Alex
  5. poncho62

poncho62 Member 100 Posts

Midland...but I am Canadian....we dont have accents...Well, those Frenchmen do....lol
  6. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

Accent. What accent? It's everyone else that has accents, south, northeast etc, but I speak normal
  7. McClintoc

McClintoc Active Member Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Yeah, it's not the most accurate test but fun nonetheless. I know I have a little bit of a southern draw but it put me as midland.
  8. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Don't know I'm from Joysey.....:lol:
  9. summitwhite11

summitwhite11 Member 100 Posts

It seems I am Midland, how weird, weered, weard, lol.
  10. Pikey

Pikey Active Member Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

It was pretty accurate for me!

Your Result: The Inland North

You may think you speak "Standard English straight out of the dictionary" but when you step away from the Great Lakes you get asked annoying questions like "Are you from Wisconsin?" or "Are you from Chicago?" Chances are you call carbonated drinks "pop."