West Canada Tours - Help URGENT, Please !

Discussion in 'North America - Southwest USA' started by JEKU, Feb 3, 2010.

1. JEKU

JEKU New Member

Hi Chevy friends.
    I realy need some help here. Today I found a passenger van at a company called West Canada Tours, but I do not know them. Please read below and give me your opinion. I wonder if trust them?
    They write:

Large passenger vans are in great demand and advance deposits are necessary to hold/confirm such a vehicle. We anticipate a deposit of 30% and the balance 6 weeks prior to arrival. Payments shall be made by bank transfer to our corporate account as we do not accept credit card payments from overseas clients - simply too many problems and we do not want to cover the 5.5 % merchant fee for such transactions either.

We received yesterday another request for a two week rental during your time frame. Accordingly please respond until Feb 04 (noon) how to proceed.:shocked:

We are quiet busy and the easiest way to contact us is by email.:grrrrrr:

Can anyone help me, sitting 8000 km away?

Best regards
    Jens

2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I tried to Google them but couldnt get any results. Hopefully one of our Canadien members can guide you here but I'm sure they should have something like a better buisness bureau. Have you tried googling a visitors bureau for the area you want to visit, they should have recommendations on reliable rentals in the area.

3. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I would recommend making a reservation with a deposit. I rented a 12 passenger van last week. The wife called to make a reservation at Enterprise and the rep said, no problem come down on Friday. On Friday they said they didn't have any on the lot. Luckily we had called a competitor for a quote. We rang them up and luckily they had one. Really saved the weekend. Whew! I did call Hertz at the local airport and they said that they didn't have any and were scaling back the number of 12 passenger vans they stocked.

Use a credit card for protection, in case of fraud or a screw up on the part of the rental agency.