1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

West Canada Tours - Help URGENT, Please !

Discussion in 'North America - Southwest USA' started by JEKU, Feb 3, 2010.

1. JEKU

JEKU New Member

Hi Chevy friends.
    I realy need some help here. Today I found a passenger van at a company called West Canada Tours, but I do not know them. Please read below and give me your opinion. I wonder if trust them?
    They write:

Large passenger vans are in great demand and advance deposits are necessary to hold/confirm such a vehicle. We anticipate a deposit of 30% and the balance 6 weeks prior to arrival. Payments shall be made by bank transfer to our corporate account as we do not accept credit card payments from overseas clients - simply too many problems and we do not want to cover the 5.5 % merchant fee for such transactions either.

We received yesterday another request for a two week rental during your time frame. Accordingly please respond until Feb 04 (noon) how to proceed.:shocked:

We are quiet busy and the easiest way to contact us is by email.:grrrrrr:

Can anyone help me, sitting 8000 km away?

Best regards
    Jens
  2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

I tried to Google them but couldnt get any results. Hopefully one of our Canadien members can guide you here but I'm sure they should have something like a better buisness bureau. Have you tried googling a visitors bureau for the area you want to visit, they should have recommendations on reliable rentals in the area.
  3. unplugged

unplugged New Member 1000 Posts

I would recommend making a reservation with a deposit. I rented a 12 passenger van last week. The wife called to make a reservation at Enterprise and the rep said, no problem come down on Friday. On Friday they said they didn't have any on the lot. Luckily we had called a competitor for a quote. We rang them up and luckily they had one. Really saved the weekend. Whew! I did call Hertz at the local airport and they said that they didn't have any and were scaling back the number of 12 passenger vans they stocked.

Use a credit card for protection, in case of fraud or a screw up on the part of the rental agency.