west cost mirrors???

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by mr.copenhagen, Mar 15, 2007.

1. mr.copenhagen

mr.copenhagen Rockstar 100 Posts

does anyone know if it will be hard to install west cost mirrors??iv allways wanted them on my GMC 20 but i didnt know how hard it would be to install them if it is possable..

2. mr.copenhagen

does anyone know if its possable?????

3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I'm not sure what you're looking for? Have a photo of it?

4. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

are you talking about these?

[​IMG]

5. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Oh for the love of GAWD! Is that off a school bus? J/K

6. mr.copenhagen

haha well yeah same thing..jsut not liek that..ones that look better atleast haha ones that will look good..but yeah same thing how it connects over the window and under the window with the two bars leading to the mirror

7. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I'm thinking it would take some fab work to get the bracket to work. They usually go on doors with a square frame, like a van door. Your truck door is going to have an angle on the front so you'd have to have something that still brackets into the existing mirror mounting location.

It could be done, but I'm not sure how it would look. If you wanted it bad enough you could probably make it work, and make it look pretty good too.

Be a pioneer. Be the first, and start a trend!!:great:

8. mr.copenhagen

yeah it will take alot of work lol i know it allready...so what should i do about the mirrors in the first place..go to a junk yard and get a set that came off a 1990 chevy/gmc??and look at how they were fabricated??

9. CoDaChrome

CoDaChrome Rockstar 100 Posts

it really seams like you should be able to buy a set that will bolt on to your truck just have to be carful drilling any holes in the lower door not to get any thing else like window frame lock bar or handle bar so any way good luck post a pic when you get them on I would like to see

10. mr.copenhagen

lol yeah im kinda retarted...sooo im gonna fabricate the mirrors and mounts and have someone who knows what they are doing do the drilling and installing haha but i will post a pic when they are done