West usa members> summer truck meet

Discussion in 'Meets & Get-Togethers' started by GMCErica, Feb 18, 2012.

1. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

With the needle! You are in the thread Jim

2. GMCErica

GMCErica Rockstar 3 Years GMTC Chick 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

This is the WESTERN STATES SUMMER TRUCK CLUB THREAD... hahaha... You just posted....Your added to the list... 13 Members now!! Yeaaaa J!!

3. Coach24

Gosh we still need 50+more in the west.

4. chevynut1

chevynut1 New Member

Just wanted to post to support the western area. Have a great day everyone.

5. GMCErica

THANKS [MENTION=53213]chevynut1[/MENTION] for posting.... Up to 15 MEMBERS on the list...thats awesome!!! Come on guys, keep the posting coming...

6. Jimmeh

Jimmeh Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Posted a separate thready for a possible Seattle area meet. Hope that's OK. Seems like this one is more of just a roll call deal.

7. GMCErica

No Prob! The meet isnt until about July.... Roll CALL's what we are about now.. Only 15 members posted... I hope more post...

8. Coach24

West has been on vacation I reckon as only a few have posted

9. GMCErica

UP TO 17 WESTERN STATE MEMBERS ON THE LIST!!! Keep posting :)

10. The Heater

The Heater Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Hi, I am from the Seattle area.

Look, I organize my graduating class high school reunions and area functions. I have had some experience with this stuff. These things take time and usually if you want a function to happen, you have to just set it up yourself and then notify all whom you have email for, and see who shows up. After the first time and pictures posted showing what a good time everyone had, the event gets bigger. You can also try one of the internet based invitation web sites, but you have to get email addresses.

It will be hard to get it started from a passive method like a forum thread.

An online sportbike club I belong to did successfully organize a huge Northwest only ride from Western to Eastern Washington, and it was great. They had to start the motorcyclists in waves from the meet point because the number who showed up was so big. We had over 300 motorcycles (some cruiser folks too).

Last edited: Mar 13, 2012