Western HTS plow for my new silverado

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by hunky, Nov 5, 2011.

1. hunky

hunky Rockstar 100 Posts

Anybody have pictures of a NBS silverado half ton with a new style western plow? Would like to see how bad I will need to cut the front bumper up to mount the plow frame on my 2011 silverado.

2. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I don't know if there's many people around here with snowplows, but have you checked out plowsite.com? It's a whole snowplow community and probably a pretty good bet to find out what it would take to put the plow on your truck.

3. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Dang buy an older model to beat the snow. Use the 2011 for taking your girl to the movies.
    Go to western plow and look at installation of your specific plow. I watched a couple of videos on installation of other plows and saw no fabrications necessary

Last edited: Nov 5, 2011
  4. Biggb9

Biggb9 New Member

Here is a picture of my gmc sierra 1500 with a western HTS on it. I hope this help SDC10479.jpg SDC10480.jpg

5. FrigginNoodles

FrigginNoodles Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

^ Not bad !^

Decided on keeping my Western, so I also have some bumper notching to do (NBS though). Not looking forward to it, but won't look bad if the cuts are carefully done like above. I see too many people around here with their bumpers notched much bigger than needed and it looks terrible.