Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

westin brush gaurds? any good?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by kawasaki_kid, Apr 20, 2009.

1. kawasaki_kid

kawasaki_kid Rockstar 100 Posts

i have noticed a lot of these westin brush gaurds on the streets the last few months? are they any good? price range? they are so popular it almost discourages me from buying one because everyone else has one.

2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

westin brush quards? any good?

We installed many westins and customers were happy with them. They are not for real heavy off-roading. Also if you ever think you will install a winch you have to get brush quard that has a winch plate option, not all brush gaurds have this option.

3. ippielb

ippielb Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I have westin step bars on my truck, they're good quality and sturdy. So, I'm assuming that they guards would be too!

4. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I have one on my truck because I needed some where to mount my off-road lights, but your right everybody and there brother has one. They are between $300-$400 depending on the diameter of the tube, 2-1/2 inch all the way up to 3 inch which is what I have got. You also have to get rid of your tow hooks with these too, good luck with your decision.:great:

5. GOTSAND4ME2

GOTSAND4ME2 Rockstar

I would love to have a guard on my truck except I would get mine powdered coated black with an assortment of hi-power piaa lights on it to blind forgetful drivers who leave their hi-beams on lol

6. Blazerado

Blazerado Rockstar 100 Posts

What size are those foglights behind your grill? Did you have a lot of room back there to mount them? Just curious i have some 6 inch off road lights from my old truck i would like to put behind the grill.

7. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I have two 6" Pro Comp off-road lights behind my grille, they are not the slim lights they are just regular 6" lights. I have enough room to fit my hand laying flat in between them and the radiator, I haven't had a chance to wire them up yet note the wires just hanging there for now. Here's a picture of behind my grille, I used two already pre-drilled holes in my radiator support to hold them. Most guys mount them on the front bumper by drilling two 1" holes, but I don't like to destroy the OEM stuff on my truck.
    [​IMG]

8. 1slols1

1slols1 Rockstar

where did you get that bottom valance that is on your bumper?

9. Blazerado

Blazerado Rockstar 100 Posts

Thanks for the info, yeah i just like the way they look clean sitting back there instead of out in the open.