1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Westin Bull Bars: Ultimate vs. E-Series???

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Marcus Steen, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Marcus Steen

Marcus Steen New Member

I'm looking to buy a bull bar and I've decided on a Westin...but I can't tell the difference between the Ultimate and the E-Series. :neutral:

The only thing I can see is that the Ultimate is chrome (and thus more expensive) and the E-Series is polished steel. If that's the only difference, then I'm definitely getting the E-Series..

Does anyone know if that's the case?

If it's not, then what's your opinion? Which is better?

Thanks!!
  2. Curky

Curky New Member 1000 Posts

Warranty is diff too. Chrome= life time and the E= 5 years. seeing your truck I would go chrome. But if down the line and you want to change the look a little and want to paint it to color match or black, I would go E-series. Me myself I do not like a lot of chrome, But i would go chrome and color match your bowtie (blue) That is just me. The reason I would do the bowtie is so it separates the chrome grill a little.
  3. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I agree on a chrome-ish look for your truck. However, you might consider bars made of polished stainless steel (to avoid rust) if your driving and/or off-road habits would subject the bar to rock chips and the like. Polished stainless tends to cost more ... but is worth the cash because it doesn't rust regardless of chips and the like. A lifetime warranty may sound good ... but remember ... it comes with the hassles of proving ownership, proving you should get a warranty replacement, removal/replacement of the existing bar, shipping costs, etc. I'd rather spend on polished stainless and avoid all that hassle...
  4. Marcus Steen

Marcus Steen New Member

Thanks guys...I didn't realize the polished steel was more expensive. The prices I've been seeing don't reflect that. Westin's outlet website has the E-Series for $136 (new ones are just under $300) versus a new Ultimate at $300+, which is why I was thinking of going with that one.

If the finish is the only difference, I think I'll go with the cheaper of the two..but my concern now is how the polished steel will look next to all the chrome??
  5. Curky

Curky New Member 1000 Posts

if you don't like how it looks you can always get some of the rhino spray can and do it black yourself or have it painted to match your truck. I have seen very few with the color match and it looks good but chips are the concern there.
  6. Marcus Steen

Marcus Steen New Member

I guess the E-Series it is.
    If nothing else, I'll have something to post in the GMTC classifieds!! :lol:

It might not be for another month, but I'll post pictures as soon as I get it!
  7. Scratch

Scratch New Member

Westin e-Series = 3 inch bars, polished stainless steel (lifetime warranty).
    Westin Ultimate - 2.5 inch bars on small trucks, 3 inch on large trucks, chrome plated stainless steel (lifetime warranty) or black powdercoated mild steel (5 year warranty).

The chromed stainless steel on the Ultimate is the best. Polished stainless steel has to be polished occasionally and chrome just has to be cleaned.
  8. shibby2oo8

shibby2oo8 New Member

or you can get a cheap one and have it line-xed, mine looks pretty sweet and doesnt rust.
  9. JimmyA

JimmyA Member

Liftime warrenty! I like that, Proposal.........
  10. AMac

AMac New Member ROTM Winner

Is that what you did to yours and if so can you post a pic?

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't know they had a factory outlet, will have to check that out, thanks for the tip. Make sure to post pics of the bull bar upon install!