Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Wet floor pan, both sides.

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by tigersdl65, Mar 7, 2013.

1. tigersdl65

tigersdl65 Rockstar 100 Posts

Hi guys! I as vacuuming today and when I pulled my floor mats out of my truck noticed a bit of mildew(mill-do)(idk how to spell that) on the bottom side of the driver side mat. So it would seem that it has been we for quite some time, and consistently wet. Then noticed the passenger side was also wet, just nothing growing under it. I have no idea why this could be so guys, why might both sides of my truck be wet('96 Z71)?
  2. geo1

geo1 Member 1 Year 100 Posts

greetings,do you have anti freeze odor with wetness?has youre hvac been operating properly,i.e. do you hear youre a.c. running all the time,condensation would be my suspect from ventilation ducts,verywell could be wrong,try to decipher a bit more when possible
  3. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

How about a sun roof?

The corner drains could be blocked.
  4. geo1

looking into further,does youre ride have the extra filter for air quality,under dash on pass. side?check for air flow there.possible vent door stuck in wrong position.

- - - Updated - - -

I was thinking inside,rayvoy,thanks for expanding my view
  5. RayVoy

Just tossing ideas out there @geo1, we don't have a lot to go with.

Edit: just saw a thread with a rear window leak, a leaking windshield is an other possibility.
  6. geo1

two to ten heads are better than one,possibly is it to lift hood and check back corners for obstruction for draining purposes?
  7. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

I have a 96 truck the leaks like crazy. Do you notice water pooling in the in dash cup holder or anywhere else. Mine only leaks during rain storms.
  8. RayVoy

A friend of mine had a Ford van, that "leaked like crazy". He had the windshield gasket replaced and the problem was solved. BTW, his only leaked when driving in a rain.
  9. tigersdl65

tigersdl65 Rockstar 100 Posts

After further inspection, there is no smell of anti-freeze, no sun roof, no pooling on the dash or anything like that. The blower runs ALL the time, not necessarily the A/C, but even in the off position air blows out the bottom vents into the floor board, and a little out of the top vents.
  10. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Any damp spots on the head liner?