1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Whaaaaat ?

Discussion in 'Announcements & Feedback' started by stephan, Oct 8, 2010.

1. stephan

stephan New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

After GM Truck Club did the "computer repair patch" Monday it started showing bar graphs on the left side of our posts and percentages beside the bars. Then Tues. or Wed. the percentages were gone and so are all the ads. Anybody know anything about this?
    :lol:
  2. Bigbomber

Bigbomber New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I noticed it too,but have no idea what was up with that.
  3. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I feel like we had those bars when I first joined the site (which wasn't long ago at all). It's just a bit of a different infrastructure.

The blue bar shows your point, the orange bar shows your progress towards reaching the next 'level', and the green bar shows your percentage of overall activity on the site. You can hold your mouse arrow over each bar to see what it is. Also, the ads are still around. Just as random as ever.

So, overall, it looks like the only things that were effected were the awards that were removed (for friends, 1000+ experience points, 10 picture posts, etc) and these new bars.
  4. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Steve tweaks the settings every once in a while, I think he does it to see if anyones paying attention. Wait awhile things will change again.
  5. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Yep!!!!:lol:
    Also there had been requests to add this back in since it has the advantage of showing who is doing what on the site easly.
  6. Bigbomber

Bigbomber New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Thanks for the heads up on holding your mouse over the bars,i never noticed until you mentioned it
  7. stephan

I kind of liked it when the percentages were shown alongside the bars. I wish they'd put them back.
    How do they survive without ads? I haven't seen an ad since the patch repair on Monday? I didn't mind the ads except that they shoved the posts so far over that there was only room for one word per line and many times would split words in half, and made it difficult to read.

Whats that about all those members sending back/refusing their awards? I saw that in a message but it didn't explain why they sent them back??

Thanks Vincennes for telling us about the mouse on the bar bringing up the percentages.:great: I never would have figured that out. BTW you need to clean out your inbox. I've been trying to send you a message since Monday but your i.b is full and it rejects it ha ha ha:lol:
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2010
  8. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Stephan, it sounds like your monitor needs re-calibration. I think your screen resolution is too low and that's why it is causing your posts to appear to only show one word per line when the ad is there. There is currently an add on your post and I can see at least 12 words before they hit the ad and wrap around.

And I thought I had deleted a few private messages to clear up the space but I'll try again.
  9. stephan

Welcome back Vincennes, you've been M.I.A this week

Really? You can see ads? I haven't seen any ads since they did the GM site computer fix and we aren't smart enough to mess with the monitor adjustments so we haven't changed anything on this end. Maybe this monitor is just going bad. Everything looks ok, the screen is clear and the picture in not stretched or distorted. Is screen resolution and re-calibration smth we can do or is it a take it to the shop type of repair? Gotta go Vincennes but I'll be back later. Thanks for the info.
  10. pmf608

pmf608 Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

If you only fit one word per line with ads, your text size must be huge, a result of your resolution being too low. Assuming you have windows, to change your resolution:
    - right click the desktop
    - click properties
    - go to the settings tab
    - drag the screen resolution slider to change your resolution. 1024x768 (or 1024x640 on widescreen) is about the lowest you should go to be compatible with most websites now.

Hope this helps. I can see the ads on my computer, and I don't mind them. The only thing is that I would prefer that the ads in the sides of the posts were either short and wide and placed between posts, or placed somewhere else on the page, since I don't really like having the ads right in with the posts.