1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

What 6" lift least intrusive to towing?

Discussion in 'Towing & Trailer Tech' started by Harrison, Aug 17, 2012.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. Harrison

Harrison New Member

I'm lifting my 2010 Sierra and putting some 35s on it. Is there a lift that is better in terms of towing? I just don't want to give a lot up on stability. I'd seen gas shocks and spiffy expensive upgrades to some of the bigger lift kit manufacturers. Is all that necessary?

2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Regardless of the choice of 6" lift I would:
    • Add some helper springs (a la Roadmaster Active Suspension) to reduce body roll in both loaded and unloaded conditions. It helps on non-lifted trucks and is even more useful on lifted trucks ... and is a sane 350 clam upgrade as long as you're not sand dune hopping or mud bogging.
    • Use an adjustable drop hitch to allow you to level out your towed load so that it is as level as you can get it (and, thus, catches minimal wind from underneath it). I personally use a Rapid Hitch with a 10" adjustable drop; I tried the 6" drop and it wasn't low enough for some smaller/lower trailers.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2012