what amp should i buy for these subs?

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by blacknight97, Feb 20, 2011.

1. blacknight97

blacknight97 Rockstar 100 Posts

2. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

How many subs do you plan on using? I just checked the specs on Best Buy's website and the sub is rated for 150w RMS (don't bother looking at peak power). Also, depending on the # of subs you are using it will affect how they are wired (series/ parallel), which in turn affects what amp you'll need.

3. blacknight97

i picked up two of them, the 10 inch.

4. 87silverado

87silverado New Member

get the kicker DX500.1 it would work great.

5. randomsandwhich

randomsandwhich Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

I like Rockford Fosgate, but Kicker is an excellent brand as well ! Check out crutchfield.com or some online reailters they usually offer competivie pricing and a bigger inventory to chose from. I'm running a 2 channel 400 rms (bridged) pushing two tens.

6. 1991 Suburban

1991 Suburban Rockstar 100 Posts

Kicker is definitely a good idea. I am running a single 12" L5 and a 1200 watt mono amp. Sounds pretty good!

7. blacknight97

8. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Kicker over rates their amps. The 750 only puts out about 300 RMS at 12 volts.. They like to rate the amps at 14 volts. Your truck will not put that much volts into that amp...

9. ls1bird

ls1bird New Member

I wouldn't go with a Kicker amp. If you're going to spend the money, the amp will likely outlast the subs. Therefore, you'll want to buy a good quality amp (I recommend JL Audio) which will be enough power if you decide to upgrade your subs.