1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What are and how do "Nerf Bars" get installed ?

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by JTWard, Dec 23, 2013.

1. JTWard

JTWard Member 1 Year Gold Member 100 Posts

Hi, I was lurking around autoanything website and bought a set of smoked colored door vents and I saw them selling 'Nerf Bars' for my 1990 Silverado. They say "No drilling" installation but what has been you folks tales of installation if you installed these "Nerf Bars" ? What holds them up and not damaging the rocker panels ?

Thank you ! Having a h^% of a with the website today !
  2. summitwhite11

summitwhite11 Member 100 Posts

the brackets use exhisting bolts, its a solid mount when you are done.
  3. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

It really depends on the mfgr.
    I have a pair on my 93 Wrangler that were advertised as no drill, they used sandwich plates on the inside and outside of the frame with long bolts on top of and under the frame to hold them on.
    They were very sturdy when I put them on 10 yrs ago.
    I never had a problem with them until another driver bounced off they side of the Jeep while my daughter was driving down the freeway. Even then they held up well, only a dent in the side tube and 2 broken bolts.