1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What are decent Rain Guards?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by 01JIMMY86, Sep 10, 2012.

1. 01JIMMY86

01JIMMY86 New Member

hey
    im new to the forums.
    ive owned my 2001 sle jimmy 4 door for about 1 year.. ive always been bothered with rain getting on my window switches when it rains. and its finally time to get rain guards. has anyone bought these ones??

amazon.com had some for 50$. and it looks like ebay motors has the same ones for about 20$ less. im just wondering if anyone has these rain guards and how well they held up through out the year.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/In-Channel-...e:GMC|Model:Jimmy&hash=item4845eebcf9&vxp=mtr

they seem decent. they use 3M adhesive, so i know they will stay on... just wondering if they will crack or fade in time.

thank you for any info..

also, im looking for the size of my front door speakers. the bass is shot on my stock speakers and im getting several different answers online.
  2. Curky

Curky New Member 1000 Posts

Never heard of them also there pictures don’t do them any justice. They look real thin. I like mine also we have a sponsor here that has EGR which are real good. Follow this link to see them and if you like then contact @EGRUSA. If I did not just get mine 2 months ago, I would of got these.

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/showthread.php/90330-New-EGR-3D-Logo-On-Window-Visors-and-Hood-Shields-Whats-Your-Opinion#axzz265ACs5xZ
  3. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts

I would go with @EGRUSA, no questions asked! They have in channel visors so you don't have to worry about the adhesives and they look a lot nicer. Not to mention their exellent customer service. I have only had mine for six months or so. But, I have friends that have had them on their trucks for years and they look exactly the same as the day they put them on. Here is a link to their website: They are significantly more expensive than the two you mentioned, but well worth it in my opinion. You get what you pay for
    http://egrusa.com/lookup.html?selye...dSearch=&hidBrand=&hidEngine=&hidVehicle=true
  4. 01JIMMY86

01JIMMY86 New Member

5. 01JIMMY86

01JIMMY86 New Member

thanks guys,.. ivebeen havn issues posting.
    those EGR's are alittle more then i want to spend. how are the ones they sell at advanced auto parts(ventshades)?
  6. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 1000 Posts

Ones that work. I tried them once and learned that they are really a gimmick so I returned them and leave the windows shut when it is raining.
  7. 01JIMMY86

01JIMMY86 New Member

ive been seeing the inchannel rain guards, and the regular ones. which ones are better?
    im going to call and find out how thick the ebay ones are. if they suck i might go with the advance auto parts ones.
  8. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts

I am sure that they function the same. I prefer the look of the in-channel
  9. moogvo

moogvo Moderator 1000 Posts

My truck has the auto zone style vent shades. I have had them on several vehicles with no problems. They do fade and crack over time if you don't take care of them. Mine have always lasted for years without trouble.
  10. 01JIMMY86

01JIMMY86 New Member

thanks guys.
    im getting these rain guards AND new front door speakers for my B-day!!! i just want some new gear that will last... i ended up getting some DB polk audio 6.5" speakers.