1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What are the best replacement wiper blades?

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by jeff618, Oct 19, 2011.

1. jeff618

jeff618 New Member

What are other people using? I've been using trico neoform beam blades for years and they're awesome. Anyway, before I go out and buy more neoforms, was wondering if there was anything brand new out there that are notable? I gotta buy new wipers for all 4 vehicles before winter!!
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I have tried all the fancy wiper blades and found the cheap Walmart Anco's work just as well and I can replace them twice a year and still save money. Now I don't live up north where you have the winter weather.
  3. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

I use either Bosch or rain x wipers, usually get two years out of either set I buy.
  4. Neel M3

Neel M3 New Member

For my money, I go with Bosch Icon's.. I fell in love with my first set, and now i put them on every car i own/drive.
  5. Bowtie Man

Bowtie Man New Member

Highly recommend rain x blades. They work AMAZING! lol one problem tho :/ they didn't seem to clip on too good. they came off maybe once a month or so and i would have to clip them back on. i hope that they've fixed this problem by now. otherwise great product
  6. jeff618

jeff618 New Member

Are you kidding me??? If I had a wiper that came off occasionally, I'd drive to their company and shove it down their throat!! I actually tried rainx latitudes and they had poor contact (the attachment did seem cheesy too). Tried icons and they are good but expensive. Switched from icons to neoforms a few years back and I actually think the neoforms are slightly better at a lower cost. I was mainly curious to see if anything brand new has come out in the last year or so but it sounds like the same options. I'm probably purchasing in a week or so - I'll keep watching for new options but if not, it sounds like I may stick with the neoforms since they've worked great.
  7. janikphoto

janikphoto New Member

Yeah, I've put rainX and goodyear wipers on my last few cars and been happy.
  8. The_Duke

The_Duke New Member

I usually use Bosch or RainX from Walmart.
  9. jeff618

jeff618 New Member

So far these are all options I've researched but thanks everyone. I was hoping to hear about some new brand or model that came out this year and is blowing peoples' minds or something. I've still got a week or so before I purchase so we'll see... At this point though I think I'm going to stick with the neoforms...we'll see.

By the way, if you like rain-x, you'll really like aquapel. Its the stuff professional detailers use. Nice thing is that each application lasts 6 months so you only have to do it twice a year. It looks expensive at first but if you do the math on 4-6 months, its actually relatively cheap.
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2011
  10. Kraziken

Kraziken New Member

I use Bosch Icons. They are very good, and are frameless. For the longest time it irritated me that I couldn't just find blade refills. But I guess too many people have a hard time installing the refills. Most of the places around here don't stock them.

Icons are kind of expensive, but you do find them on sale if you keep an eye out.