1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What are the "max" limits for engine oil temp and transmission temp?

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by steved, Jun 1, 2012.

1. steved

steved Former Member

I installed an Edge Insight on my 2012 2500HD, it allows me to see both engine oil temperature and transmission temperature (I know, the DIC has trans temperature). At what temperatures should I start getting concerned?

The oil seems to run right around 200 most times; and I've only seen 215 once, during a long hill at highway speeds. When should I start getting concerned? What is the warning light trigger temperature for the DIC display? I see there is an oil cooler circuit in the rsadiator...

The trans seems to run about 150 most times, we saw a max of 170 the other day putting around on some forest roads that had steep grades (looking for the firewood cutting area). I'm not up on DexVI, but I remember DexIII wanting to be under 200?