GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

What are these codes 0440 and 0453

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by vncj96, Aug 28, 2009.

1. vncj96

vncj96 New Member

Can anyone help me with these codes, I believe that they are for the EVAP, but that is such a big catagory and not something I am all to familiar with, I am going to reset them and check the gas cap, any tips or suggestions?? I would check them online for sure but dont have access to google from work, go figure, I have 12 hours to waste and I cant even figure out my truck.
  2. Chaser1

Chaser1 New Member

I don't know much but I do know that autozone will tell you what they are for sure if you stop by or maybe they'll have some info at their web page..
  3. 2ToNe04

2ToNe04 New Member

im with chaser, autozone will tell you for free.

also the gas caps with the little key hole are garbage, my dads little work truck had one and didnt pass smog because it was leaking. he had to get a new one.
  4. vncj96

vncj96 New Member

I was able to reset the code and then took off the gas cap and put it back on for after ten minutes, seems to be fine so far drove 20mi home from work and no problems
  5. Jimmiee

Jimmiee New Member

Those codes areEVAP Pressure Sensor High Input and EVAP System malfunction. If they come back after you have fixed the cap then some additional testing will be needed.
  6. vncj96

vncj96 New Member

So if it comes back should I leave the SES light on and get it to the shop and have them have a go at it or is there something you are referring to specificly I can do