What are these wheels off of? Opinions needed.

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by choodock, Oct 1, 2012.

1. choodock

choodock New Member

Colorado Wheels on a Tahoe

I am thinking of putting these 17's on my truck to spend some time cleaning my other wheels. I am thining of running them on my 04 Tahoe then. Any thoughts?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
  2. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Looks like they are off either a Colorado or Trailblazer. IMO, they might look OK on a Silverado but not a Tahoe.

3. choodock

choodock New Member

Thanks for the reply. I did confirm that they are off a Colorado. I wanted a different look, but I think I am going to pass on these.

4. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Probably a good choice. They have high positive offset, so they would sit farther inside from the edge of the wheelwell than your stock wheels, and I haven't been able to confirm, but the bolt pattern might be 0.7mm smaller, which is enough to cause problems when it comes to wheels.

5. choodock

choodock New Member

I think I may go with the 20 inch Silverado LTZ wheels for the Tahoe. I have a victory red NNBS crew cab with the Torq Thrust ST's and have had a terrrible time with vibration at highway speed. Someone told me these Tahoes and Silverados need hub centric wheels or they vibrate.

6. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Peter....your Correct the Tahoe's have a Different(Larger)Bolt Pattern than the Colorado's,

***The Tahoe's have a............6 lug 5.5 inch or 139.7 mm High Offset
    ***The Colorado's have a.......6 lug 5.5 inch or 139 mm High Positive Offset

7. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Most vehicles need hub-centric wheels or they'll vibrate. If you get get wheels that aren't hub-centric then you'll need a set of hub rings.

8. Kady

Kady Rockstar GMTC Chick 100 Posts

If they're off a Colorado, they won't fit on the Tahoe...

9. choodock

choodock New Member

Thanks for all the advice everyone.