1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What are they thing at GM??

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Lew, Oct 1, 2010.

1. Lew

Lew New Member

Bought my 2008 Canyon last year. Mine showed it had the towing rear end (3.73), Trans cooler, auto trans etc. Bought the aftermarket frame mounted hitch back in the Spring and got that installed. So I needed to tow a small trailer this coming weekend to pick up a motorcycle, and needed the light connection hook up. Been reading that this was a simple plug and play install. Well, guess what! You can't find a damn harness for the Canyon anywhere. Went to the dealer to get one and they didn't have one anywhere. So I asked about getting it installed if I bought one somewhere else. Nope they don't install aftermarket parts. So now I have this truck with a towing set up, and no trailer lights!!!
    What am I supposed to do, hire some DA to sit back on the trailer with a red flashlight?
    No wonder the damn company is going down the tubes. They got a bunch of idiots running the place.
    Talked to a shop owner and he was telling me everything is run through the control module INCLUDING THE INTERIOR LIGHTS!!
  2. wis bang

wis bang Rockstar 100 Posts

Did you read the owners manual, the one for my '05 worktruck tells how the trailer connection is coiled up and above the rear of the under bed spare tire.

I still had to purchase the 7 way plug to put under the bumper and then plug the line into the back of the plug.
  3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I would try a shop that specializes in installing hitches, I'm sure they can help you.