1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What are your favorite Summer Movies of all time???

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, May 10, 2010.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

What are your favorite "Summer" movies?

Stand By Me is one of my all time favorite movies. Not just because the four friends were about my age when it came out, or that I grew up in the Northwest and spent time camping in those forests, or because it’s an awesome Stephen King short made into an even more awesome movie. It’s a wonderful coming-of-age/adventure story told as the boys struggle with adolescent fears, social status and bullies in small town USA. Still the benchmark for narration – train dodging too. That’s two for flinching!”

American Graffiti – “Where we’re you in ’62?” Hmm, not alive yet. Still, nothing quite like cruzin’ around town one last time before heading off to college (or before school starts in the fall), of course I had to do it in a beat-up heap not a ’32 Ford coupe or a ’55 Chevy.

The Sandlot is one of those timeless movies that never gets old. Yeah, the acting wasn’t all that great, not the best special effects either - but the story makes up for that. Who hasn’t had a hard time after moving to a new city, trying to make friends, and adopting the locals passion (baseball) – before knocking your stepdad’s autographed Babe Ruth baseball into the neighbors yard?
  2. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

"Point Break"....Dude!
    Surfer/Action movie starring Patrick Swayze, Keanu Reeves.
    A band of surfers rob banks dressed as the ex-presidents and a young undercover FBI agent gets involved in the action.
    Great surfing/skydiving scenes!
  3. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Love all of the above..But where is Corvette Summer??? And Stingray I love that car.. And Convoy and the Good'old Smokey and the Bandit.....:rofl:
  4. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Definately American Graffiti, I've always loved that movie. My sister was just married and living away from home for the first time in Atwater/Turlock Ca. where it was filmed, we spent that whole summer watching the filming and trying to get in the movie.

Dazed & Confused is a favorite too, reminds me of summer as a teenager.
  5. WEEBOB

WEEBOB New Member

The good the bad and the ugly

The good the bad and the ugly,,,,,clint eastwood at his best
  6. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

One Crazy Summer!! Bobcat!!
  7. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

who else? whats your favorite summer movie?
  8. rustyk2

rustyk2 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

What about the original Gone in 60 seconds? Nothing like a 45 minute car chase, I mean wreck.
  9. canislupis69

canislupis69 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I've got to throw Top Gun in the list...sounds awesome on surround sound.
  10. bigdaddy77084

bigdaddy77084 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Cannonball Run
    Smokey & the Bandit
    American Graffiti
    The blues brothers
    Jaws #1
    Halloween #1 with Jamie Lee