1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What are your plans for Labor Day?...the last long weekend of Summer

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by mfleetwood, Aug 31, 2011.

1. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

The Summer has flown by for many of us and Fall us just about upon us. Our family is taking advantage of our last long weekend by going on a 4-day camping trip in the Colorado Rockies. We like to use the truck and go off-road and get us into places where most the rest of the population cannot get to, thus totally allowing us the privacy and isolation we are looking for. Thoughts of a campfire cooking, crisp cool nights, gathering firewood, and drinking lots of beer are all on the agenda. No cell service, no WiFi, no computers :party:

What are your plans???
  2. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I work four ten hour days, Tuesday thru Friday, so I get a long weekend every week! Probably have a picnic at my sister in laws house, no big plans really.
  3. mfleetwood

I'd love to work 4 10s.....my brother in law has that gig and couldn't be happier. Congrats on being one of the fortunate ones!
  4. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I'm retired and my wife works a 3.5 day work week so we stay home on Labor Day weekends and let everyone else fight the traffic. And a few beers!!
  5. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I managed to get a 5day weekend this weekend. Im going fishing with sgtsjj tomorrow after a stupid 20 min meeting at work (supposed to be off but eh) otherwise i need to do struts in the wifes car, and a radiator in my truck (small gasket leak where the tank meets the fins) and replace a door, and 2 windows on my house... Should be interesting! But im with silverado on the staying home and letting all the other people fight the traffic. hence only taking the boat out once.
  6. mfleetwood

Beer is always a nice "enhancer" to most things...imo. Enjoy the peace and relaxation! We're going to take off tomorrow afternoon so we can avoid the traffic, as you elude to, it will be busy out there.

---------- Post added at 12:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 PM ----------

Taking care of stuff keeps YOU out of trouble. I hope you are Sarge catch some good ones. We'll be expecting truthful pics!
  7. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Dont worry we have the dinamyte already LOL... Yeah i know keeps me busy but i was looking forward to chilling out, mabey doing somemore fishing etc.. Oh well
  8. mfleetwood

Yeah...but you'll "feel" better getting some things done.

....And two military guys??? Ha! That lake will have C4 strategically placed in several locations.
  9. trapstud

trapstud Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Working Sat. and Mon. only four hrs each but it is still work.
  10. mfleetwood

Ugh....and alternating work days as well makes it even worse. Well, hopefully you'll get some time off when the rest are back to work....and avoid the crowds as well.