1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What Are Your Summer Plans - GMTC 2013 Thread!

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, May 21, 2013.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

What's everyone got planned for SUMMER 2013?

We've got a trip with the grandparents planned, probably do a few camping trips, looking at doing some home improvement projects ... going to skip summer league baseball - too hot, but might do some camps and what not.

What's everyone else got planned? Any road trips, camping trips or other notable uses for your truck?

[​IMG]
  2. SupplySgt

SupplySgt New Member

A month and a half of my summer will be spent at Fort Knox, training ROTC cadets. After that, I'll be taking a trip to Oklahoma for my vacation to see family and (hopefully) interview for jobs in preparation of me moving back there. Looking forward to going back to my home state to live again.
  3. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 New Member 1000 Posts

[MENTION=33410]SupplySgt[/MENTION] hope all your people made it through the tornadoes ok.
    I am going to Corrolla NC for a week of surf fishing and drving on the beach. Oh and lots of beer drinking!!!
    I am also going to be hauling lumber in the truck for a screened in porch I am going to build on the back of my house.
  4. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Super Moderator 1000 Posts

Working at a scout camp all summer, so I will have little time for working on the truck and seeing family. I've been in a mad rush to get things done on the truck so she runs great and won't give me trouble this summer.
  5. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I will be in Vegas for a conference. We make it a week long family trip every year during the conference (different place each year)
  6. Drake_korthos

Drake_korthos New Member ROTM Winner

Picking up some work on the Vegas strip (just part time), headin to the shootin range, Visiting my sister In Seattle for her college graduation in June, and barbequing on our new grill in our soon-to-be landscaped backyard. All in all, pretty nice summer!
  7. MoBillyAla

MoBillyAla Member

8 day road trek from upstate NY to Fort Lewis WA. We are stopping at my aunts house in OH the first day, then driving to the H-D museum in WI. Our next big stop will be MT Rushmore around day 4, and then the rest of the way we will just be driving until we get there. I will try to post up some pics once we get settled in. Should be quite a trip. Crossing our fingers there are no problems along the way of course. I will have my bike in the bed of the truck, pulling a U-haul, and the wife will be driving her mommy mobile...We should arrive on July 3rd. :party:
  8. K15 Blazer Guy

K15 Blazer Guy New Member

NOT travel
    NOT buy things
    NOT help the economy
    cause gas is $4 a gallon and our money is worthless X(

9. Safe travels to you and your family Billy. I hope you all have a great trip out there.

Wife bought some tickets to countryfest at Schaghticoke Fairgrounds in NY so we are going to make a weekend of it and go camping as well. Besides that just going to be working like crazy. If anyone else is going to countryfest hit me up and may e we can meet up for some tailgating
  10. McClintoc

McClintoc Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Summer plans? What are those? lol

Nothing huge planned here. Just working and chilling.