1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

What brand of air filter do you use?

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Upkeep' started by Bigbomber, Oct 7, 2010.

1. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Looking to replace my air filter this weekend,what brand are you guys using in your rides?

2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

K&N Baby........ Always in my rides....

3. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

I was thinking of getting a K&N washable but i've read a lot of negative reviews about more dirt particles getting into your engine.

4. Sam_A

Sam_A Rockstar 100 Posts

I just installed a couple of days ago a S&B air filter for my Duramax. In my 04 Z71 I had the K&N and never had any problems out of it.

-----edit----
    I had the K&N for about 80K miles on the Z71.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2010
  5. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I have a Banks CAI and I'm sure the filter is made by K&N. I've had K&N's in everything I own since 1977 and never had a issue with them. My '96 Suburban has had a K&N since '96 and now has over 220,000 miles on the engine and it still runs good.

6. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

I have the airraid intake, but have considered switching the filter to (i think) the AEM becuase it is a no oil filter.

sorry AFE not AEM

7. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I run a AFE filter just because I did not want to deal with the oiling of the filter.

8. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

X2 on the AFE.....same reason as ajarman and dsfloyd.

9. ridick_bowen

ridick_bowen Rockstar 100 Posts

K&N Air filter

10. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I've been running....K&N Filter's in all of my Vehicles.....I have Not had one problem with any of the K&N Filter's.

And for the Washing and Re-Oiling of the K&N filter's....the First time this would need to be done as per K&N....is around 50K to 60k miles......depending on your driving conditions......

So after installing a New K&N filter,your looking at 4 or 5 years before it would need to be Cleaned for the first time.