What brand of air filter do you use?

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Upkeep' started by Bigbomber, Oct 7, 2010.

1. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Looking to replace my air filter this weekend,what brand are you guys using in your rides?

2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

K&N Baby........ Always in my rides....

3. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

I was thinking of getting a K&N washable but i've read a lot of negative reviews about more dirt particles getting into your engine.

4. Sam_A

Sam_A Rockstar 100 Posts

I just installed a couple of days ago a S&B air filter for my Duramax. In my 04 Z71 I had the K&N and never had any problems out of it.

-----edit----
    I had the K&N for about 80K miles on the Z71.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2010
  5. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I have a Banks CAI and I'm sure the filter is made by K&N. I've had K&N's in everything I own since 1977 and never had a issue with them. My '96 Suburban has had a K&N since '96 and now has over 220,000 miles on the engine and it still runs good.

6. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

I have the airraid intake, but have considered switching the filter to (i think) the AEM becuase it is a no oil filter.

sorry AFE not AEM

7. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I run a AFE filter just because I did not want to deal with the oiling of the filter.

8. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

X2 on the AFE.....same reason as ajarman and dsfloyd.

9. ridick_bowen

ridick_bowen Rockstar 100 Posts

K&N Air filter

10. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I've been running....K&N Filter's in all of my Vehicles.....I have Not had one problem with any of the K&N Filter's.

And for the Washing and Re-Oiling of the K&N filter's....the First time this would need to be done as per K&N....is around 50K to 60k miles......depending on your driving conditions......

So after installing a New K&N filter,your looking at 4 or 5 years before it would need to be Cleaned for the first time.