1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what brand? suspension

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by GaryG, Feb 13, 2010.

1. GaryG

GaryG Rockstar 100 Posts

What brand of suspension do u guys recommend? I've got a 98 silverado ext. cab 1500 4x4

I'd like something around the $1500 range
  2. Crakums_GT

Crakums_GT Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I have a Fabtech 6" lift kit on my 04 silvy and I love it. Definitely one of the best lifts I've had the oppurtunity to play with. Another one that I like is skyjacker but there are people that have some bones to pick with them (fit issues). First off here are some to think about. What size lift do you want? What will it be used for (looks or off roading) and what size tires are you going to want to go with after the lift is installed?

-Greg
  3. GaryG

GaryG Rockstar 100 Posts

Sorry for the unanswered questions, I was going to say them then I forgot bout it.

I'm wanting a 6" lift an 35x14" tires if possible. Ill be going off road
  4. SilverBeast

SilverBeast New Member

Hi Crakums,
    what kind of fit issues does sky jacker has does it affect on the NBS08 Silverado....mind sharing
  5. tnhusker

tnhusker Rockstar

I don' t have a recommendation but how does each person decide on how much lift they want?
  6. lancer

lancer Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

i have a rough country 6" on my truck. i would recommend it cost me $971 shipped to my house and was simple to install. but i'd say if you interested in a lift look around and email the company with some questions and make your own choice............
  7. GaryG

GaryG Rockstar 100 Posts

I went to cardomain.com and selected the year they made my body style truck then just browsed the pages an found what I liked
  8. tnhusker

tnhusker Rockstar

That sounds like a great idea to see what it will look like. Thanks