What can we see in this picture?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Dr_Zero, Apr 23, 2009.

1. Dr_Zero

Dr_Zero Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I hope this is not anyone heres truck this is just a exercise in noticing stuff under the hood and around
    [​IMG]

What can we tell from this picture other than it looks like its snowing outside

Also what year did they switch to gray valvecovers?

Last edited: Apr 23, 2009
  2. werty

werty Rockstar 100 Posts

ummm.. stock manifolds?:neutral:euro?:grrrrrr:intake?

3. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

looks to me like a non-vortec small block 350 with the valve covers painted gray. and an intake

4. Dr_Zero

Well first off the guy likes the color blue!
    He has replaced the vacuum lines with blue ones, also blue loom/wire cover and blue air filter

He does not maintain the vehicle very good but it looks good! Look at the coolant tank if there is any coolant and its not just a stain the level is below the operating range.

5. Dr_Zero

Hmm it looks like a vortec to me cause of the airbox muffler on top to the right in the pic.

6. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy ↑↑↑ Has no life Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

90s model pickup thanks to the hood lift springs and the edge of the fender visible. Pickup due to the larege amount of space open and very compact a/c system. Bolt-through-center valve covers, which would indicate it's closer to an 88-93 model I'd say. Not crazy about that bolt style. Looks like the heater lines ar running to the radiator, or at least one to the water pump and not to the rear of the intake manifold. Ugly ricer air filter....That's about all I can think of right now...

7. Phantom 2500

Phantom 2500 New Member

He added a hot air intake ? :great: .

8. JMoney02

JMoney02 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I don't know, I am trying to get past the light yellow advertisement writing over the picture?

Jeff

9. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I see lots of things, except the point! :lol:

10. Dr_Zero

The point is to not get wrapped up in aftermarket junk and miss the bigger picture that you are have a leak somewhere and are losing coolant.

Many times people want to pretty up their ride but what good does it when its broke down on the side of the road.