1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what charger kits are complete

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by wigwag78, Nov 27, 2008.

1. wigwag78

wigwag78 New Member

I appologize if this the wrong forum, still getting used to the site. I am looking to supercharge my Tahoe and am wondering if there are any kits out there that come with eveything down to engine managment. I am not sure if you even need to mess with the computer on chevys to charge them so any advice would be great.:money:
  2. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab New Member 1000 Posts

I beleve the computer needs to be messed with .. someone will chime soon
  3. SlickMachine

SlickMachine New Member

The best kit, in my opinion, is the MagnaCharger Radix Air-to-Water intercooled Supercharger. Here's the link... http://magnacharger.com/sc-gmtrucksuv.htm. It comes with absolutely everything you need for the install right down to the new fuel injectors. It also comes with its own programmer, which answers your engine management question. Check it out, the specs are impressive. Truckin' magazine did an install a few months back and it doesn't look too difficult and they were getting over 400HP at the rear wheels on the dyno. I wish santa would magically squeeze one of 'em down my damn chimney this year. If you go with the MagnaCharger, let me know how it works. I really want to do it but cant justify the expense right now. Another kit available for GM's is made by ProCharger. It also comes with everything you need, only it is a centrifugal blower instead of the Radix linear blower. Definately spend the extra and get the intercooled kit, it is an option. The only other supercharger I would consider, and this is a pricey option and I could never afford it, is by Whipple. They have kits for GM's that are putting out more HP than the above mentioned. Also, Whipple has a bypass valve which is controlled by the vehicle's PCM to protect your engine against a mixture that is too lean. I want to say the kit runs around 10,000. Good Stuff.
  4. Springthing

Springthing New Member 1000 Posts

There's definitely something to be said about supercharging these V8s! Please, please, please let us know what you do and if you ever throw a supercharger in your 'hoe make sure to post pics/video!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XLRiGsuC5Q&feature=related[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqEEmfffHxY&feature=related[/media]
  5. wigwag78

wigwag78 New Member

I appreciate the help and will deffinatley keep everyone informed. It wibe a while before I do but within the next year. Thanks again I will try to save the link.