Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What cold air intake do you have? power much?

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by 2ToNe04, Jun 11, 2009.

1. 2ToNe04

2ToNe04 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Im going to ask the infamous COLD AIR INTAKE question,

What cold air intake do you own?

Why is it better than other Cold air intakes?

I have an outlaw performance cold air intake...... I think my intake is better than others especially since its a dry filter.... dont have to oil it like K&N and get my sensor all messed.

Also K&N, lets too much garbage in your throttle body:eek:uch:
  2. 5point3

5point3 Rockstar 100 Posts

I own a Volant CAI. I went with it because I liked the plastic tubing and the air box enclosure. I also like the ram air attachment for it.
  3. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

With all the CAI's on the market today, they will all give you a little Improvement with M.P.G and H.P.....IMO it comes down to what CAI will work best for your Ride, with the other Performance Mods you have done to your Truck. For me I have been running K&N's in all of my Ride.
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
  4. 2ToNe04

yeah im not saying that there bad it just a pain in the ass oiling them.

they are really good though, theyre name has been around for a long time too
  5. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Your right there. There are many to choose from, what is good for 1 Truck may not be as good for another.:glasses:
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
  6. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I bought a Volant for my '94 Sierra around 10 years ago just to be different! Everyone else had K&N, not that there's anything wrong with that, but I liked the closed air box design and looks of it, fast forward to today and I still like the closed air box design and the looks of it, and I think performance is going to be comparable to any of the high end intakes.

Attached Files:

7. blazerbob91

blazerbob91 New Member

I like the Volant concept but the don't have one for my 3.7 09 Colorado, so I have the K&N - it's OK.
  8. MeanGreenMachine

MeanGreenMachine Rockstar

I have the Volant with the PowerCore filter. I love the fact that I don't have to oil it. Every 10k miles, I remove it and shake it out - Done!
    I also like the way the Volant looks.
  9. 2ToNe04

There is this liquid though to clean your dry filter every once in a while, ima try to get the video up.

http://www.aempower.com/files/dryflow/filtercleaning.html

but i just clean mine with pressurized air or shake it like you said
  10. Keith_MC88

Keith_MC88 New Member

I just installed the Banks Ram Air kit from Gale Banks. It is a closed intake box design that you can also get the scoop that attaches to the bottom of the intake box, and it pokes out just below the front valence. I bought it with the cat back exhaust and am very please with ease of installation, power, and the intake is quiet.

It is an oiled filter (cone design). It also has a spot to reattach your air filter monitor, or a plastic plug to plug the hole. Overall - very very pleased.