What colour should i paint my truck/ what prep work can i do before i paint it

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by Outlaw19, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Outlaw19

Outlaw19 Member

I have a 88 sierra and it was a weed man truck! I am thinking about painting it electric blue or red. Electric blue is the blue that you see on most dodge vehicals. If anyone has any other recomendations please post a picture of your truck. Also i want to save a little money so what prep work can i do my self do get it ready to spray. The truck has absolute no rust so what are the steps sand with 120 grid ect

2. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

I would go with a Deep Purple full of metal flake . Just to be different from the crowd. Maybe some gold or silver striping

3. moogvo

moogvo Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Just make sure to paint the door jambs and under the hood... Nothing looks more unfinished than a great looking truck with a great paint job with jambs that don't match when you open the door!

4. MTM

MTM Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

I think Pearl white would look awesome on an older truck

5. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I love this green!!!

chevrolet-coe-1940.jpg

6. Asphalt Animal

Asphalt Animal Rockstar 100 Posts

Back in the 80's & 90's they had a couple good 2-tone combinations on their trucks. One was the bright blue metallic/black and the other was deep red metallic/black. 2-tone paint isn't the big thing anymore, but it kicked a## on these trucks.

7. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

I love the truck

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 PM ----------

http://youtu.be/HQ1zn3_Xplc