1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What colour should i paint my truck/ what prep work can i do before i paint it

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by Outlaw19, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Outlaw19

Outlaw19 Member

I have a 88 sierra and it was a weed man truck! I am thinking about painting it electric blue or red. Electric blue is the blue that you see on most dodge vehicals. If anyone has any other recomendations please post a picture of your truck. Also i want to save a little money so what prep work can i do my self do get it ready to spray. The truck has absolute no rust so what are the steps sand with 120 grid ect
  2. Coach24

Coach24 New Member 1000 Posts

I would go with a Deep Purple full of metal flake . Just to be different from the crowd. Maybe some gold or silver striping
  3. moogvo

moogvo Moderator 1000 Posts

Just make sure to paint the door jambs and under the hood... Nothing looks more unfinished than a great looking truck with a great paint job with jambs that don't match when you open the door!
  4. MTM

MTM New Member ROTM Winner

I think Pearl white would look awesome on an older truck
  5. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max Active Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I love this green!!!

chevrolet-coe-1940.jpg
  6. Asphalt Animal

Asphalt Animal New Member

Back in the 80's & 90's they had a couple good 2-tone combinations on their trucks. One was the bright blue metallic/black and the other was deep red metallic/black. 2-tone paint isn't the big thing anymore, but it kicked a## on these trucks.
  7. Coach24

Coach24 New Member 1000 Posts

I love the truck

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 PM ----------

http://youtu.be/HQ1zn3_Xplc