1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

What could be wrong with my 4x4

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by mike54, Dec 21, 2008.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. mike54

mike54 New Member

I had my '02 2500HD Silverado in 4hi today all of sudden the front wheel locked up. I put it 2 hi it would drive ok next stop light I put it in 4 hi the truck wouldn't move so I drove home in 2 hi
    any ideas what is wrong I'm suppose to do a 800 mile round trip over Christmas.

thnks.

2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Since it runs ok in 2 wd the issiue is probably in the transfer case. It could be anyones guess as to whats happened inside the t-case. Wont know until its pulled apart and looked at by a professional.
    I would probably leave the truck at home for the trip, if somethings loose in the t-case you dont want it getting into the rear drive section and cause more damage.

3. tlperry68

tlperry68 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Could be the transfer case.