Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

what did i break???

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by rackchaser71, Mar 20, 2009.

1. rackchaser71

rackchaser71 Rockstar

i broke somekind of sensor last night putting on my headers, its a 94 350tbi,its on the driver side screwed directly into the block with one wire coming out of it, i think its the temp sensor, i hope anyways, what is it??? when i took it out coolant poored out so i put it right back in, what is it

2. Jimmiee

Jimmiee Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

You are correct. It's a temp sensor. The PCM uses this sensor along with the one in the intake manifold to keep tabs on your engine temp. Not sure which one your truck uses for the gauge. Easy way to tell is unplug it and see if your temp gauge drops. Either way the PCM needs this sensor so replace it ASAP.

Jim

3. silverlight

silverlight New Member

Where's a chilton manual when I need one. I'm gonna guess coolant sensor. So long as no wires were broken it should be fine...