1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What did the butcher say? (Cableguy is back!)

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Cableguy, Mar 19, 2013.

1. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

It's not. I read a lot ... usually while the TV is on (and I listen and absorb what I hear as I read, too, but not as well as if I gave the TV my full attention).

I keep things like The Discovery Channel, The Science Channel, The History Channel, The Learning Channel, and The Military Channel on, most of the time. If those aren't on it's the news -- BBC, RTM, HLN, Fox News -- usually rotated so that I get news from a few angles to eliminate or expose bias. If those aren't on then I might have a movie on. Maybe.

Basically, if I watch/listen to a channel with commercials in it, it's probably informational/educational in some capacity. I will NOT watch entertainment TV of any sort with commercials in it, as I give entertainment viewing my full attention what little I do it ... and I don't like commercials.

So, if Chris Farley is a movie guy then I've never seen a movie with him in it. If he's a TV guy then he's not on educational TV. I could look him up on the Internet, of course, but the entire spirit of responding as I did was to illustrate that I had no idea what Tommy Boy is/was ... and explaining why I do not know who Chris Farley is also helps accomplishes that.

I told you I live in a tree. :)
  2. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

simply put Chris Farley was a large comedian, played on Saturday Night Live and then yes some movies (alot of his comedy was about his own weight). Tommy boy was a movie that he played in maybe late 90's very early 2000's.
  3. Curky

Curky Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Last edited: Mar 21, 2013