1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What did you do this summer? Summer Vacation!

Discussion in 'Sports & Outdoors' started by ChevyFan, Aug 29, 2010.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

We did only one true summer trip this year. We spent a week in San Antonio and the Gulf Coast, it was wonderful and we're just now getting all of the sand out of everything.

WHAT DID YOU DO THIS SUMMER?
  2. groceryman

groceryman New Member 100 Posts

Week at myrtle beach with family it was all good
  3. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Worked a boatload of OT (not by choice but when your the low man on the team) and tried to take the boat out as much as possible.
    And worked on the house and my buddies houses, and broken trucks/cars etc.
    Plans for winter however: going to Nebraska in Jan (gonna do some snowmobiling with the family) and in March going to Arizona!!
  4. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Summers not over yet for us DINK's, vacation starts in a few more weeks, 1 1/2 weeks near Baltimore, Maryland with family at the beach.
    I'm looking forward to time off to relax and do a little surfing, fishing, sailing, and boogie boarding.
    Best of all the beach should be deserted with the kids back in school and mom & dad back at work so I wont have to hear all the comments like "mommy should that man be wearing speedos on the beach with his big belly and long back hair".
  5. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

HAAHA :lol:.. good one
  6. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Built a deck on the house. Got a lot of use out of my truck. Looking forward to some time off in the Fall. Heading up to the Berkshires in MA for Labor Day. :glasses:
  7. lancer

lancer New Member 100 Posts

we loaded up my family and my bro and sis in law and there family and drove to ormond beach in florida. nice drive from mid illinios to florida with 4 adults and 3 kids from ages 1, 2, and 4..........stayed a week went to sea world twice and disney and spent ALOT of time hangin out on the beach. it was the first time any of us have ever seen the ocean. was definetly a good summer trip.
  8. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

That sounds like good times!

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

Now I have a very distrubing image in my head.

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

I miss having a boat, maybe when the kids get a little older. I was fishing in the ocean by the time I was five, so I need to get moving to teach my kids how to really fish in open waters.

---------- Post added at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

Let's see some photos of the new deck.

---------- Post added at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 PM ----------

Never been to Myrtle beach, maybe in a couple of years we'll head out that way for a vacation.
  9. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

TRUCK SHOWS!!!!!!!!

Carlisle truck nationals
    Summit racing truck fest
    Canfield swap meet
    4 wheel parts jamboree
    Goodguys Columbus meet
    Stylin Concepts High low show
    Pinks All out, norwalk ohio

I camped at most of them for 3-4 day weekends, and partied with some of the coolest truck people in the world! Next year I am going to try and go to SEMA in Vegas!
  10. 09Z71BLKBST

09Z71BLKBST New Member 100 Posts

I got deployed... lol... Still deployed. Will be home in about a month, hopefully will have a little bit of summer fun before the snow starts...