1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

What did you do to your suburban today

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by T-bone, Nov 3, 2012.

1. T-bone

T-bone Rockstar

Well I changed out my water pump, T-Stat and belts. I am now officially tired

1/2 way there
    [​IMG]

and back on the road
    [​IMG]

2. BBslider001

BBslider001 Member

Not sure why others are not responding to this thread. These are always fun.

Well, this past weekend I completely gutted the interior, removed the carpet, front and rear, and power-washed t with a de-greaser. Looks new! I also installed new towing mirrors, changed all the fluids and replaced little bulbs that the PO had neglected. suburban 023.JPG suburban 001.jpg suburban 002.jpg

3. dtxscott

dtxscott New Member

Great thread. I'm new to the site but have had my '99 K2500 for about a year.
    It had plenty of deferred maintenance so I'll re-cap what I've done over the last year (and today)

- Front diff half-shaft output seals (L & R)
    - New brakes all around
    - Rebuilt T-case due to "Pump Rub"
    - Replaced carpet with new kit
    - Fixed leaking A/C (Main hose, receiver and evaporator..... Yes, evaporator... ugh)
    - All fluids

This weekend I will be:
    - Re-installing the T-case
    - Motor mounts
    - Re-setting the front ride height
    - Replacing rear shocks

I'll say one thing..... Having the factory manuals has been a life saver.

I'm looking forward to contributing to the group

4. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Detailed the inside in prep for it to get trashed during the holiday road trips. I know, it does not make sense to clean it before, but what the heck, why not.

5. NagRuTan

NagRuTan Rockstar

greets,

jammed more then 2 bills for fuel into her for the holiday runs.

nag.

6. marko54

marko54 Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

Ordered a set of these rims for my 07 2500. This shop is local in my area. Getting them installed mon.

[​IMG]

7. dtxscott

dtxscott New Member

Got the transfer case re-installed. I then realized doing the motor mounts with the front differential in place would prove to be near impossible so I pulled the front diff and now have easy access to the motor mounts.

I made a fixture from 2x4s that will rest against the engine block to make raising the engine easy/safe. I'll get to the mounts later this week and then re-assemble.

8. marko54

marko54 Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

I still cant believe you didnt win ROTM with that Burb! Kinda makes me think what do these children look at when they vote?

9. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Today I changed out my front turn signal/parking light bulbs because all of the orange coating had peeled off of the old bulbs. Then I discovered that the rear turn signal socket did not want to hold bulbs anymore and they would pop out when I hit bumps. So, I repaired that also. I also decided to do the "Four High" diode mod, took all of 5 minutes. So, now my low beams stay on when my brights are on.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
  10. dtxscott

dtxscott New Member

Got the MMs done with minimal drama. Just a PITA R&Ring the front diff. Got it all back together and driving.... Man what a difference new mounts make.

The old ones had literally disintegrated and the mounting tube assembly was rattling around inside the clamshell.

It fixed the vibrations I was having and things are much smoother from startup to 75 MPH.